Blyton Park Track Day April 28th 2012

370Ad

Thought some members might be interested in this track day. Its been hosted by Hou from Ninja Shine.

http://ninjashine.co.uk/word/events-2/b ... kday-2012/

Currently have 30ish cars from the below clubs in attendance:

CCUK

GT4OC

UKStarletClub

CivicLife

and me from 350z UK!!

£110 for the whole day.

Below is a direct quote from what was posted in the Celica Club Forum by Hou.

I am going to be running a track day next April 28th at Blyton park, North Linconshire.

For those that do not know, Blyton Park is built on the old Blyton RAF base which was made up of 3 concrete runways. Track days on airbases are good for newbies as they offer loads of runoffs if you get it wrong, but are normall terrible for tyres.

When Richard took over Blyton last year he plowed £250k into a new purpose built tarmac track. He laid a new 1.6 mile tarmac circuit for track day and sprint use. This circuit has been designed with input from some of the UK’s leading road test and racing drivers to optimise enjoyment for drivers of all ability in all sorts of cars. It features slow, medium and high speed corners but provides wide run-off areas with no solid objects or barriers to punish the over-ambitious.

There is an undercover area for reapirs if the weather takes a turn for the worse plus plenty of other concrete aresa for spectators/shows

Blyton-Park-Circuit.jpg

blyton.jpg

Here is a vid of a DC2 hooning it around the track:

After a long chat with the track owner and Javelin, we have agreed to arrange a track day here in April next year.

It will be an open pit day with time on track being like 9.30-5pm and although can run it for up to 60 cars, I will be limiting it to around 30-40ish, obviously the more I get the cheaper it becomes for everyone BUT I want everyone to get as much time as they want. The track owner said he can have up to 20 on track at a time with it being 1.5mile long

There are a few options for pricing based on the number of cars and what day we have it on:

Costs are normally the bit that put people off........

April 2012 based on 40 cars

Saturday April 28th 2012 - £110 per car

But now an up side..........Spectators will be free, passengers should be free (normally £5), second drivers (normally £20) will be free

We could do it as a small meet as well with people spectating and passenger rides for fun

Every driver and passnger will need a helmet, although the track has a small amount to hire.

The noise limit is 105bd

Any questions please ask and i will do my best to answer/get an answer!

Thanks,

Adam

This track is only about 10 minutes drive from me and is excellent as a track day circuit. Mate of mine who used to use Cadwell all the time now only goes to Blyton - says it's great fun, and he prefers it to Cadwell.

I would be there myself, but we're at home to Villa that day. Recommend it to anyone else though :thumbs: