Clicking or tapping noise when turning up a hill!!

jell36

Hi everyone, I just got mt Z last Saturday and I love it but I think I might have found a very worrying fault but I can't figure out what it is so was hoping someone could help me diagnose the issue. If I am driving slowly and tunr left (seems to happen more often when turning left) up a hill I get a sort of clicking/tapping noise form the rear. The first time it happened I thought it was something caught in the tyre as the noise is regular i.e. like a ticking clock tsp tap tap tap. As soon as I straighten the car up the noise stops and I have never heard the noise when going down hill. Has anyone got any ideas?

Hi thanks for your reply, Is there any easy way to check that it is the droplinks? From reading the forums they say to just disconnect them and see if the noise goes away but they only ever mention doing this on the front. Is it ok to do on the rear or is there another way or doing it? Also I got the car from Harrats Nissan in Sheffield and they fitted new resar offside wishbones would they have not checked both the rear drop links before giving me the car?

I was more thinking the diff too as i've had drop links go on other cars and it just knocks when you go over bumps which my 350 doesn't do. I'm not worried if it is the diff as i've got a warranty from Nissan but it's only for 3 months so will need to get it sorted soon if it is that. I just need to find a way of knowing exactly what it is so I can tell nissan what to do. Just been out in it and I can repeat the problem consistantly and it is definetly only when turning from a flat road onto a hill and only when turning left. It is also timely noise not random which is what makes me think it could be the diff but then I did wonder if it was simply a heatshield tapping the exhaust when turning uphill?