Removing bird view sat nav

jell36

Hi everyone, i'm hoping to get my 350z next week. It comes with the factory standard sat nav. Does anyone have any experience of removing this? I want to have the standard cubby hole instead. It is the 06 facelift model. Does anyone know where I can get the cubby from and how easy i is to replace?

I may be on rocky ground here but I'd hazard a guess that you'd have to replace the entire front console to fit a cubby. The ones with the integrated satnav look to have a lip above them, the ones without don't have that lip :shrug:

Pete

I may be on rocky ground here but I'd hazard a guess that you'd have to replace the entire front console to fit a cubby. The ones with the integrated satnav look to have a lip above them, the ones without don't have that lip :shrug:

Pete

Depends on the year, the older ones have a retractable lid, the newer ones dont have a lid like you say just a lip...

If its a < 2006 then it should be ok as I have done the opposite and replaced a cubby with a satnav retractable lid for my nav.

Once you get your Zed post up some pics, be aware a cubby door + the bit behind will be over £100 :surrender:

Hi, thanks for your reply, it is a 2006 Z so there is no lid at all, just a lip at the top and the built in button panel below the screen. Do you know if I can order the cubby direct from Nissan or is there somewhere else i could get it from for a bit less money?