New old topic for a newbee

michker

I know the difference in import / GB Cars has been well discussed in past entries but I have a couple of queries the collected experiences of this forum may be able to advise on.

I have an 03 model import, Heated leather seats, Brembos, 18inch wheels, Bose system ect.. so I think its a ST spec..

The car has the VDC system, but does not appear to have a limited slip diff... would this be correct?

It still has the a 112 mph restrictor, will it really have an extra 10 bhp over uk spec or is that just wishfull thinking?

The car also has a small green bulb lower right of the steering wheel that comes on for about 30 seconds after start up then goes out, never to return.. is this some sort of a self check function?

Thanks in anticipation

Mike

Thought the green light was something to do with the "road toll id" in Japan.... :shrug:

Or was it the tracker being fired up..... :blush:

get the car remapped to lift the restriction. :thumbs:

If the light is to do with the ETC toll road system, it should be part of a larger unit usually with a card slot. Most of the ones I've seen also play a little tune when they start up or shut down (important to know if you are driving towards a barrier and expecting it to whip up out of the way at the last moment).

If there's nothing else around it I'd bet on it probably being an aftermarket alarm or immobiliser that was fitted when it was imported.

Ian