Air ducting for pop charger.

Shinjuku

I will be following this thread as I am trying to find a solution without cutting a hole into my front bumper also. I was trying to source a longer pipe which can replace the stock pipe the pop charger is fitted to, that would bring the filter further away from the engine and closer to the front bumper. I have so far been unsuccessful...

The unit Kiingsi posted is a momentum performance unit, which i currently have ( only one in the uk i believe :yahoo: ). Unfortunately you cant get them any more unless second hand, as they've closed up the company . you could always use hoses to direct the air, just hide them so that cant be seen

Get down Halfrauds, buy some ducting and then route it around the crash bar. Its pretty easy to find the route when you go out and have a poke around, making sure you remove the poppers on the front pn the bumper to pull it forward a bit.

On the bumper, at either end of the slats in the middle, there are sections you can remove with poppers like the bumper has to remove it. Pop out the one on the right (looking from the front) and secure the pipe in that area with the poppers you just removed. Thats what I did. Dont have any pics I dont think, but its pretty obvious once you start :thumbs:

Get down Halfrauds, buy some ducting and then route it around the crash bar. Its pretty easy to find the route when you go out and have a poke around, making sure you remove the poppers on the front pn the bumper to pull it forward a bit.

On the bumper, at either end of the slats in the middle, there are sections you can remove with poppers like the bumper has to remove it. Pop out the one on the right (looking from the front) and secure the pipe in that area with the poppers you just removed. Thats what I did. Dont have any pics I dont think, but its pretty obvious once you start :thumbs:

Did the ducting make any noticeable difference?

Did the ducting make any noticeable difference?

Once moving it made maybe 1C difference if you're lucky. When stationary - not supprisingly - it made sod all difference. Where it did help was once you got moving again. With no ducting it could take a good minute or so for the intake temps to drop back to a few degrees above ambient. With the ducting it took about 30sec to get to the same place but dropped almost immediately to get there too.

Get down Halfords and buy some, it costs less than a tenna, and give it a go :thumbs: