Brembos to JDM

Freebird

I have read that its a fairly straight forward conversion to retrofit the Brembo's to a JDM, I was just wondering what the comprehensive list of parts needed is and an approximate cost for it all. I not only dislike the look of the std jdm brakes i also feel they are lacking in performance.

Its something i would love to do, depending on cost, i noticed a full set of the brakes on ebay go yesterday for just over £300 I was unable to bid so missed them :byebye: was this a good price?

Are any of the traders on here able to spec me a full price for the whole lot? :teeth:

anyway cheers guys

that was a class price, for a conversion you need to get bolts for the rear calipers and thats it. well you need discs too ;) (if you had bought the one on the ebay)and pads.

if you keep your eyes out you can get a full set including everything you need less bolts for 500£

if you only get calipers... well then discs and pads and I'd upgrade to hel brake lines will get the price up a big bit depending on what you are after. what type of driver are you and what type of braking performance are you after? Depending on that you'll know what type of discs and pads you'd need. All obviously going upwards the more you demand :lol:

I did the conversion from jdm to brembo and difference is mental once you push on, I did find that with ebc yellows (outside trackwork) they performed ok for 2-3 hard braking with good bite, once they got up to temp... the brakes failed badly, maybe a set of better pads might do you? (what pads do you have now?)

Cheers for the reply.

Well i have come from a VX220, which have got AP racing 4 pots as standard and I had mintex 1144's fitted with std disks as my last setup, but previously had pagid disks and RS14 pads. So im used to fairly "good" performance under more spirited conditions lol.

I can make the pad choice later on, and i did think braided lines might be a good idea. Have not got a clue what the pads currently are on the car. Brembos was something i originally wanted when i was looking for a zed, the one i ended up with came up at the right time and price and had other bits i wanted (nismo bumper and spoiler).

I imagine people dont often sell brembos...lol

Perhaps Alex has them in stock, like most things :D

End of the day sounds like i missed out on a cheap set of brembos :(

+1 to Andlid on caliper bolts.

I did the conversion too and you will also need to either (a) cut your rear dust trim piece to make the rear rotors fit or (B) buy brembo sized dust trim.

I did (B) and be warned its not an easy job to do yourself or its an expensive job if you get someone else to do it as there's a fair bit of work involved.

Front dust trims are the same part# and do not have to be cut/replaced/trimmed.

Certainly the time to do stainless brake lines!!

Plenty in stock but a bit more expensive than £300.00. :thumbs:

haha i do wonder what a bit is :p

I wont be looking for these for a little while now as i may have just bought some coilovers lol. I will make sure I come to you for a price alex :)