is my clutch going

k9l3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went with the fidanza over the original flywheel as i not bothered about the gear being a rougher

Good choice :thumbs:

Shouldnt be rougher mat be a little bit noisy at tickover - I have to say I don't notice with my lightweight fly - but I can't hear much above the screams of the SC anyway! ;):lol:

Hope the garage sorts you properly :)

thanks mate. supercharged you say so wanna swap cars. I know I tempting you :) I bet its nice with a bit thrust on the 350z

Seeing that you put your occupation as "fast driver", I bet you'd be back on here asking about the cost of a new diff, which tyres to pick, gear box rebuilds......

:lol::lol::lol:

lol thats if i keep the car long enoguh .i dont always drive fast i just dont drive slow but i dont rag the thing and i dont do wheelspins . wouldnt mind trying bit drifting tho thats how i realised clutch was going as i went to drift the thing and revs just rose and nothing happened but driving the car normally seems fine apart from getting bit of a clutch smell coming through now.

i think if i end up selling the car i might get a s2k i think if the petrol keeps bugging me i mean my supra was less thirsty. its a shame because i love the car but i know what i am like i change cars all the time

So you don't drive fast, but not slow. You don't rag your car but it's drinking a lot of fuel. You don't wheel spin but you tried drifting the other day.

i smell a contradiction :dry:

contradiction whats that smell like i might try it. :dry: i must say 1 drift here and there aint ragin the car thats what there good for aint they. i dont launch the car and you can be a fast driver without ragin it maybe you cant but i can. like when changing the gears i try and do it smoothly instead of hard shifting it into gear.

i not doing 1/4 miles the only time i might use it hard will be on the track :#1:

and if the gearbox is something to worry about it cant be a very good gearbox on these?

Earlier zeds are known for having rubbish syncro's and there's been quite a few members who've had rebuilds or had them changed out for the newer boxes.

I agree you can drive a car fast without raging it, i'd class drifting as raging a car i suppose it all depends on what you class as driving fast and driving slow. I'd have said if your getting less MPG than a supra then your going a lot of city driving or there's something wrong if your driving the car normally and smooth.

What kind of MPG are you getting? Also clutch going could be a result of your poor mpg's?

Earlier zeds are known for having rubbish syncro's and there's been quite a few members who've had rebuilds or had them changed out for the newer boxes.

I agree you can drive a car fast without raging it, i'd class drifting as raging a car i suppose it all depends on what you class as driving fast and driving slow. I'd have said if your getting less MPG than a supra then your going a lot of city driving or there's something wrong if your driving the car normally and smooth.

What kind of MPG are you getting? Also clutch going could be a result of your poor mpg's?

I not sure what I getting to the gallon I just know the needle goes down very quickly also I do a mixture of town and m way but more town driving. I know these cars are known for being thirsty I always find the v6 engine very heavy on juice compared to the straight 6. i wish petrol was back at 80p be fine then

im similarly in a conundrum

my clutch doesnt slip, where you say it looses revs, but theres a like a little click when it engages gear

tried driving reasonably, to be fair on the run to work you cant accelerate quickly, but still the same, been happening for a few weeeks now

nothing run with the pul or engagement of the gear just a little click so im thinking of the pedal being loose

anyone heard of this?

if not, gonna have to get it looked at when the alloys get refurbed in the spring

well driving mine you would not think the clutch is going it was only when I went to spin it, it reved without doing anything then I realised especially when I could smell burning clutch. :( then figures started running in my head..

also mine clunks sometimes hopefully with that additive might help it

im similarly in a conundrum

my clutch doesnt slip, where you say it looses revs, but theres a like a little click when it engages gear

tried driving reasonably, to be fair on the run to work you cant accelerate quickly, but still the same, been happening for a few weeeks now

nothing run with the pul or engagement of the gear just a little click so im thinking of the pedal being loose

anyone heard of this?

if not, gonna have to get it looked at when the alloys get refurbed in the spring

well driving mine you would not think the clutch is going it was only when I went to spin it, it reved without doing anything then I realised especially when I could smell burning clutch. :( then figures started running in my head..

also mine clunks sometimes hopefully with that additive might help it

my clutch does that also if dumped. Its because the initial torque going through it is so high that the clutch cannot cope with it.

My clutch is perfect, just doesnt like people trying to do burnouts with it.