Help with brakes??

JamesA

Hi all

New to the forum, with an issue with my zed :thumbdown: .

On braking I am getting a vibration through the pedal, took the car to the local dealer to be told that it is due to the front discs and pads being shot!! Problem I have with this is the car has not even done 20k, and I would class myself a light user (no track days and motorway miles a lot).

Is this expected and what can I do?

Please help

I am hoping that it is only the pads, but am not a maintenance man, so must rely on those who are.

Is 20K acceptable for both?

I have sent this to Nissan UK and still have not had a response. I take it that they are never in a hurry to discuss!!

Thanks for the help, and will try to get a pic over the weekend.

James

I am hoping that it is only the pads, but am not a maintenance man, so must rely on those who are.

Is 20K acceptable for both?

I have sent this to Nissan UK and still have not had a response. I take it that they are never in a hurry to discuss!!

Thanks for the help, and will try to get a pic over the weekend.

James

The car has 300bhp and weighs a ton and a half. The brakes will take some punishment! It's not a horrendous job, and mine were done not too much over 20k, so doesn't seem unreasonable. If you can safely use a jack, stands, spanner and a few other tools, you can change the lot. Use people like Phil on here as they have a lot of experience with these things. I changed my rear pads on my own in about an hour. Complete novice!! :)

20K seems reasonable wear for brake pads :) certainly not excessive, mine needed doing at a lot lower mileage than this ;)

I'm obviously not braking enough - I'm on 30k and still on the originals. Need some soonish tho.

Ditto B)

Anyone looking for pads I can highly reccomend the Ferodo DS2500 pads.

We sell a lot of these and you will be surprised at the improvement in braking with these fitted.

They are £185 for a full car set including delivery and we always have them in stock.

James

If this is accompanied by a louder than normal roaring noise from the front tyres then it could be the dreaded tyre feathering problem. When I think back I’m pretty sure I got a vibration sensation through the brake pedal on mine.