Nissan 350z 300 sat nav/stereo question.

mmaci12969

Hi guys.

First post so be gentle!

I have just bought a 350z, its a 56 plate 300 model and should be a nice step up from my current 2.2 vectra sri!

However i dont take delivery of it for another week or so and i have a stereo-related question that i hope someone can answer for me.

The car has the built in sat nav system and the bose stereo. It has a dvd thingumy behind the drivers seat.

If i wanted to change the Bose head-unit for a more modern one with DVD, ipod and phone connectivity etc what are the implications for the dvd/sat nav system if any? Is everything linked together or is the sat nav /dvd seperate from the stereo?

Im just unsure as to how it all fits and if my changing the nead unit will render everything else defunct.

Sorry if this is a really basic question! Its not hugely important but id like to know if a head unit change is a non-starter.

You can remove the bose and leave the satnav however there are issues getting the sound from the satnav to then work through your new HU, some members have worked around it though :thumbs:

I had a feeling there would be issues with this.

I dont need sat-nav at all but id like to keep it just because its there.

I really want to fit a HU with all the functionality of a modern HU - dvd, usb input, ipod/iphone compatibility etc etc. At the same time i want to keep the sat-nav so maybe its a bit of a juggling act.

I wont be doing the work myself cos i wouldnt know where to start but if anyone has any experience of a similar experience i would love a link to it if its online or any advice they could offer about the pitfalls.

Many thanks again.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ken-ddx4028bt-kenwood-ddx-4028bt-double-din.html

Would anyone be able to give their thoughts on the head unit in the link above and how suitable it would be given what ive already said in previous posts?

Is there anything else for similar money (round about £300) that would be better/more compatible or worth considering for any other reasons?

Again any help/advice is much appreciated.

Just a wee bump in case anyone can offer advice?

mmaci12969

That's the same HU that I'll be buying in a few days; plenty of choice in the £300 price bracket - after much research and deliberation I decided on the 4028BT one. I'm also fitting a reversing camera, which is mainly the reason for the HU switch.

I have the same setup as you.... BOSE + SATNAV (late MY06 car); just figuring out the final details on removal of centre console (with NAVI fitted), and best way to get VOICE NAV over the mixed audio - rather than option 1 - which is to splice the NAV audio wires and attach to RCA connectors / ...or option 2 - splice wires and fit an extra speaker for voice.

Once I get started, I'll be taking some install pics etc. so will likely write up a quick guide.

Mark

mmaci12969

That's the same HU that I'll be buying in a few days; plenty of choice in the £300 price bracket - after much research and deliberation I decided on the 4028BT one. I'm also fitting a reversing camera, which is mainly the reason for the HU switch.

I have the same setup as you.... BOSE + SATNAV (late MY06 car); just figuring out the final details on removal of centre console (with NAVI fitted), and best way to get VOICE NAV over the mixed audio - rather than option 1 - which is to splice the NAV audio wires and attach to RCA connectors / ...or option 2 - splice wires and fit an extra speaker for voice.

Once I get started, I'll be taking some install pics etc. so will likely write up a quick guide.

Mark

I say option 2 :p

mmaci12969

Mark

That would be absolutely fantastic mate.

Ive just taken delivery of my zed on thursday and im blown away by the whole thing. I have a smile just typing this!!

If you could post up what you did, how you did it and the end result i would be hugely grateful. I would like to improve the head unit but i want to make sure its do-able to do it while retaining the sat nav etc!