Confusion with installing JVC 840 Head unit

rhys1344

:wacko:

basically... confused.

I bought this wiring loom http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/adaptor_ ... 0-260.html

and it fits into the OEM clips! Excellent... but I have never seen a loom with RCA adapters on it!! Where do these go? one set of wires plugs straight in.. easy, but the others? It is also getting no power when I plug the wires in... any reason why? This is stressing me out!

any help is much appreciated!

Makes sense now, I see that there is a grounding point on the unit too, I guess that's where the earth cable attaches too...Time for a trip to Maplins and get a Soldering Iron and some solder :D

I noticed there were a few random wires that had been installed.. I suppose from a previous owner, as there was a ground wire screwed into the cage too :/ Strange... saturday morning is going to be a busy one!

Thanks for the help :)

Makes sense now, I see that there is a grounding point on the unit too, I guess that's where the earth cable attaches too...Time for a trip to Maplins and get a Soldering Iron and some solder :D

I noticed there were a few random wires that had been installed.. I suppose from a previous owner, as there was a ground wire screwed into the cage too :/ Strange... saturday morning is going to be a busy one!

Thanks for the help :)

There should be a ground wire, no need to solder anything :surrender:

Just attach the grounding wire to the chassis of the car, there is a handy bolt near the gear knob :thumbs:

I noticed when i pulled the bose out, there was a ground wire attached to the metal cage, the other end was attached to nothing, I think that would of been left there from a previous install? So the loose ground wire from the ISO conversion harness just goes into a bolt on the chassis? Or does there need to be a ground wire coming out of the HU going onto a grounding point?

Ok, so the Blue and White cable that is actually part of the Head unit loom needs to be left intact but stripped partially to splice in the spare blue and white wire from the ISO harness? This should enable to bose amp to work and get the sound firing? Hopefully anyway :p

fml... Got it all working, installed happy days... and I only forgot to wire in the handbrake signal cable!!! Is this a lead directly from the base of the handbrake? Or can I bypass this function and just wire it into the ground cable like in the other post?

I used the crimp connector and just wired it into the ground I made earlier, using the bolt by the gearstick as the grounding point.

Everything works good with iPod and bluetooth on phone :D well happy!!

Some new gremlins have surfaced though - Popping of the speakers when the brake pedal is pressed? wtf?!

Is this caused by the power signal interfering with the bose amp? One thing after another with this car :p

fml... Got it all working, installed happy days... and I only forgot to wire in the handbrake signal cable!!! Is this a lead directly from the base of the handbrake? Or can I bypass this function and just wire it into the ground cable like in the other post?

I used the crimp connector and just wired it into the ground I made earlier, using the bolt by the gearstick as the grounding point.

Everything works good with iPod and bluetooth on phone :D well happy!!

Some new gremlins have surfaced though - Popping of the speakers when the brake pedal is pressed? wtf?!

Is this caused by the power signal interfering with the bose amp? One thing after another with this car :p

Handbrake cable just earth to the car.

The popping or alternator whine etc will mean you have not earthed everything properly just check all your connections and make sure they are well covered :thumbs: enjoy its a great HU :dance: