newbie problem/? headlights.

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi

1st time out at night and what fantastic low beam headlights...but what a weak main beam!!

I assume that I have bi xenons? That is good low beams but poor high beam?

What do I do to improve high beam ( don't even know what bulb type I have at present in high beam)

Mine is an import 2005.

Thanks...JohnUKVetteNut

PS what an amazing electric spec the mirrors are. When I reversed into a parking space I adjusted the mirrors down so to see the bay white lines. Next time I reversed the car it automatically did the same thing! brilliant piece of logical electrical wizzardry

PS what an amazing electric spec the mirrors are. When I reversed into a parking space I adjusted the mirrors down so to see the bay white lines. Next time I reversed the car it automatically did the same thing! brilliant piece of logical electrical wizzardry

Mine doesn't do this :scare: must be a JDM thing, very B)

John the lights on most Zeds before the upgrade in 2006 are Xenon lights, they are good but like you said the main beam is weak. There are many thread on this topic, expecially over the past few months and the dark mornings and nights. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same on the import models.

The bulbs on my UK 2005 GT are H7 for the high beam, D2R bulbs for the main beam and 501 for the sidelights.

Just adjusted the height of my main beam which has made them even better, replaced the sidelight bulbs with LED and now need to replace the High beam bulbs.

Hope this helps mate

Hi Bacon

Thanks for reply..will see about new high beams now.And maybe led sidelights whilst at it!

I see you are in Norwich? i live in Attleborough! Maybe meet up sometime and see our cars. I have not as yet met a club member only being here for 2 weeks now on the forum.

I used to own a Corvette (2 cars in 17 years) but now at 63years I could not get in and out of them anymore so very reluctant sale of car but very pleased with my 350Z.Its a real drivers car.

Cheers for reply

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Bacon

Thanks for reply..will see about new high beams now.And maybe led sidelights whilst at it!

I see you are in Norwich? i live in Attleborough! Maybe meet up sometime and see our cars. I have not as yet met a club member only being here for 2 weeks now on the forum.

I used to own a Corvette (2 cars in 17 years) but now at 63years I could not get in and out of them anymore so very reluctant sale of car but very pleased with my 350Z.Its a real drivers car.

Cheers for reply

JohnUKVetteNut

Blimey John you're on my doorstep....although I'm listed as Norwich I'm actually only 10 mins away from you! No problem meeting up sometime, perhaps once the weather improves so I can get my Zed looking a little less muddy :lol:

It may also help if you find the headlight adjuster screw and raise the beam a little bit, found this made quite a difference too on regular beam.

Took me about 20+ turns, to make it easier, turn lights on and face a wall to see where the beam goes up and down.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=53911

I eventually got around to this last weekend Bullet...took a while to get to grips with the minute amount of space for the adjustment but once I got into the swing I thought I would go for massive improvement and completed a full 4 x complete turns of the bolt after about an hour....ended up on dip beam being able to see the top of a near by oak tree :lol::lol::lol: Whoops.

Spent the whole of the next day reverting back to where I almost started with a -3 complete turns! Best improvement I've made yet and best of all it was completely free :thumbs: