Front Bumper Dent/Scratch Advice

Ewan27

Hi guys,

I have stupidly managed to scratch the front skirt/bumper on my Yellow GT4 Nismo Kit. Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology, it's basically the lowest part of the front right hand corner of the car. I tired to blame the kerb, but on reflection I'm just an idiot :( Here is a link to the car, first off can anyone tell me what Nismo kit I have?

http://goo.gl/hUqRn

I will upload an imagine of the damage tonight, but it's a fair chunk the kerb (me) has taken off so I suspect I may need to replace the front skirt. Where would I be able to get 1 from and how easy are they to fit? Anyone know a rough cost for the part? On a temporary basis I would like to cover this up if possible, can anyone recommend the best way to do this? I realise once you lovely people have a picture of the damage you will be able to give better advice.

I have only been driving this car a week; in it's almost 7 years life it has been kept immaculate until I got I behind the wheel. I totally expect (and perhaps even encourage) mockery for my foolish actions, as long as it's coupled with useful advice :)

Thanks in anticipation,

Ewan (who clearly can't park)

Update - Here's a link to the damage - http://goo.gl/jJrrB

I have looked about online and on the forum and looks like it'll be quite expensive and difficult to get a genuine N1 front bumper sprayed and fitted. If there is any way anyone can recommend hiding this damage that would be much appreciated :)

That is a love tap! :lol:

That is only very minor damage and should be a very easy repair for a good bodyshop. TBH i would fill and reshape the damage myself with a good fibre glass filler the big issue is getting a good colour match with the yellow but the good thing is your right on the edge of the area that wants painting (not painting up to an edge thats close to another panel with the same colour) so it will just want feathering in with the existing paint work ;)

Easy job for a good body shop, nothing to worry about :thumbs:

Well love hurts! No idea how gutted I am! I have spoken to my local bodyshop and I am taking the car in tonight for them to have a look at. I had seen fibre glass filler on Halfords website but don't think I'd have the skillz for such work! I have bought some of the E33 Nissan paint on Ebay; my plan is to give the bodyshop this paint and ask them to do the rest! Thanks for your input, reassurance it's not major damage and for not mocking me

Ive done exactly the same to my nismo front bumper aswel !!

Bad times! I bought the matching paint from ebay and the fibre glass filler mentioned is here - http://goo.gl/QVmse This may not be any good and I haven't purchased as I am leaving it a bodyshop to try and repair on my behalf.

From past experiences im going to leave it to a body shop, I live in Leicester so Im going to CS on Friday to get a quote

Ive done exactly the same to my nismo front bumper aswel !!

Bad times! I bought the matching paint from ebay and the fibre glass filler mentioned is here - http://goo.gl/QVmse This may not be any good and I haven't purchased as I am leaving it a bodyshop to try and repair on my behalf.

From past experiences im going to leave it to a body shop, I live in Leicester so Im going to CS on Friday to get a quote

Went to see my local body shop today. They can supply the Nissan E33 paint and are going to touch up and fill in scrape and are going to respray the bottom skirt for £65 which I thought was a good price. I'm based the right side of the border (Scotland :-)) though. I'll post pictures on Friday with the results.