Motorised cubby lid help!!!

bazmcc

Just looking for some advice on motorised cubby lids.

My 04 JDM had a motorised lid on the Jap nav unit, which I managed to break when removing the unit to send to Nurrish to have his system fitted. I could still use the unit but couldn't close the lid.

I'm now selling the unit which another member is interested in buying, but his JDM import didn't have a motorised cubby lid to begin with. Is there any way for him to be able to get power to the lid easily?

I assume that cars without the motorised lid come without the whole section behind the triple gauge cluster? (Cable from somewhere behind dash plugs into white box which is attached to rear of triple gauge cluster. From this white box a ribbon cable attaches to the lid)

Can anyone shed any more light for me, or come up with a possible solution to get power to the lid?

All I did was manually run the motor from a 12v battery.

You need to be able to switch the polarity to go one way and then the other so you need a dpst 3 way rocker switch so you can have off and on in each polarity.

I stuffed my motor up and need to resolder it so mine is back to manual now anyway, I wouldn't recommend trying to do this it is a complete PITA to be honest....

If you want to try it out then get a little 12v battery, or a 9v one will work but slower and connect it to the motor you will see if the motor works :thumbs:

I have no idea about all the actual jap satnav wiring as mine never had any of this

Hope thats some small help :thumbs:

This shows that it can be done at least :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=54590&hilit=motorised+cubby