Porsche 911 Turbo (996 X-50)

ZedMeister

Not specifically a 996TT with the X50 kit, but in terms of cars with bang per buck you really can't go wrong with them right now. Mezger lump so pretty bulletproof, coolant hoses can pop which is an engine out job to fix for about £3-5K at indy depending on how involved you want to get, gearbox (either manual or tip) will last forever, interior is functional but well built and shouldn't be too worn, avoid any cars with PCCB as the early ones were known for cracking with a £10-15K replacement bill, steel ones are about £1-2K to replace all round depending on whether you go with OPC or aftermarket stuff that's better. Other than that they're about as reliable as a water cooled 911 gets, and with a very good chassis underneath. 4WD too if that's of any concern, but in normal driving it's more an 80/20 split IIRC.

X50 is well worth seeking out, and if you buy well you shoudn't really lose money on one. :)

Had a sneaky look at these myself, a mate of mine had one and it was phenominal.

Don't expect running costs to be cheap though as it's a supercar, there's a few on the Market between £20k-£25k, I would be a bit wary but you can get good independant warranties for around £400 a year plus you can get the Porsche 121 point independant check for around £150 I think.