PSI for winter tyres

Bobbyheinz

Hey guys, I recently had some winter tyres fitted and was wondering if 35 psi is still recommended for them?

I have 18" Rays…it's just that while I can generally notice an increase in grip there's been a few times coming out of bends that I can feel the rear kick out a bit which wasn't a problem with the Bridgestones I had before.

Thanks

Hey guys, I recently had some winter tyres fitted and was wondering if 35 psi is still recommended for them?

I have 18" Rays…it's just that while I can generally notice an increase in grip there's been a few times coming out of bends that I can feel the rear kick out a bit which wasn't a problem with the Bridgestones I had before.

Thanks

Bet the kick out was on the roundabout coming off the bridge :lol: I ended up sideways round there tonight - very greasy :drive1

Just keep them to 35 Rab - maybe up to 37 on very cold days/ short journeys - and don't rely on the guage at the Shell garage at Forgan it is sh*te :thumbdown:

Bet the kick out was on the roundabout coming off the bridge :lol: I ended up sideways round there tonight - very greasy :drive1

Just keep them to 35 Rab - maybe up to 37 on very cold days/ short journeys - and don't rely on the guage at the Shell garage at Forgan it is sh*te :thumbdown:

I run winter tyres on my other car and keep them at standard pressures. At above 5c the tyres are far to soft. At about 3c and under you feel the grip and they aren't overly squishy. You have to remember the side Walls will be sqidgy too :thumbs:

+1

I have Kumho KW27 Winter tyres on at the moment and they are very soft and the car does roll around a bit on the sidewalls especially with the milder temperatures recently. They always have grip though even though it doesn't always feel like it but there is the odd flick of the traction control light when I wouldn't expect it with summer tyres.

I agree with Dblock that the tyres firm up and feel much better as the temperature gets down below 2-3 degress Celsius as that's what they're designed for.

I run winter tyres on my other car and keep them at standard pressures. At above 5c the tyres are far to soft. At about 3c and under you feel the grip and they aren't overly squishy. You have to remember the side Walls will be sqidgy too :thumbs:

+1

I have Kumho KW27 Winter tyres on at the moment and they are very soft and the car does roll around a bit on the sidewalls especially with the milder temperatures recently. They always have grip though even though it doesn't always feel like it but there is the odd flick of the traction control light when I wouldn't expect it with summer tyres.

I agree with Dblock that the tyres firm up and feel much better as the temperature gets down below 2-3 degress Celsius as that's what they're designed for.

Vik, you're spot on!

When I'd just got the car (had summer tyres on) I came off the bridge round about, the back end kicked out majorly and starting fishtailing....must have given anyone behind me a bit of a scare.

Now I'm always really cautious!

Cheers for the advice on pressures and the crappy Shell garage!

Vik, you're spot on!

When I'd just got the car (had summer tyres on) I came off the bridge round about, the back end kicked out majorly and starting fishtailing....must have given anyone behind me a bit of a scare.

Now I'm always really cautious!

Cheers for the advice on pressures and the crappy Shell garage!