Issue with my Zed

Danny350z

I've only had my 350z a few weeks (53 plate, 30k on clock) and I'm noticing a bit of an issue. When I put my foot down (think I've only noticed it in 3rd gear), occasionally there seems to be a sudden lack of power (best way to describe it). Clutch slipping perhaps?

Edit: Balls, wrong forum.

Flat spot under acceleration could be air flow mass meter sensor fault mis-reading? If you accelerate hard you inject loads of fuel but if the air feed is not enough or the sensor takes a long time to realise the throttle input, it might not be feeding enough air , then suddenly the sensor catches up and corrects... (I am not tecchie but i heard of this kind of effect)

have you been tinkering in the engine bay, with air induction kits?

is the air flow mass sensor cables or connectors damaged?

could it be injectors not responding correctly?

Have you had the exhaust replaced, (gas flow leak, chages in pressure in the exhaust...)

hummm me thinks a diagnostics kit could be usefull... :dry:

Haven't noticed the revs increase as it happens completely random and is over rather quickly. I'll keep my eyes open next time, or attempt to. There is occassionally a nasty whiff though.

Zzzz... I haven't messed with anything, I've only had the car 4 weeks and it's supposed to be standard. I might take it in for a check up (it had it's P3 a few weeks before I bought it) and get the clutch, air flow, etc checked.