Bulbs and Changing of

Simboy1973

Morning all. We have a GT4. A headllamp stopped working last night. What kind of bulb do we need and how easy is it to change.

The light emitted from the headlamps is a whitish-blue. I'm taking it they aren't standard halogen and are possibly HID or something.

Interestingly I called local Nissan dealer who quoted £132 for ONE bulb. 1 bulb

My old toy Capri headlamp halogen bulb was £6 Why Oh Why do Nissan want to much, they don't emit a gold light!

Any help and words of advice.

Cheers

Si. :bang:

They are xenons - I'm sure if you use the search function you'll be able to find the exact bulb type, and then look elsewhere. There are loads of places that sell the HID bulbs online.

edit:- should also have said, it could be the ballast, not the bulb that has packed-up

Sorry - didn't want to alarm you, just trying to warn that it might not be the bulb itself.

there is some good info here: http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1833&highlight=laguna+xenon+headlights&page=2.

It seems that if the bulb is near the end of its life, it will cycle on and off, whereas a faulty ballast will cause it not to ignite at all.

looks like the only other way to really diagnose is to swap a known good bulb (e.g. your other one), but you need to be very careful of the residual high voltage from the ballast.