A Little illumination..

michker

Following a fantastic run up into the depths of the Yorkshire Dales yesterday, my first in the Z, I was very impresed by the cars feel and suspension complience on the difficult and weather soaked lanes. Well pleased..

However one bit of a let down was the lack of an adequate main beam which falls short of most of my other recient cars.

The Z (2003 JDE) is running factory xenons and I have installed 55w Ring xenonmax Main beam lamps, which although an imporvement on the original Halogens still lack power.

I have noticed that 100w bulbs are available, these I have run in the past in ancillery lights, but was wondering if the standard Z wireing and the plastic headlight covers were up to it? Has anybody any experience of this Mod.

Cheers, and happy New Year

Mike

Yes that is correct. The Main/High beam is a 55w H7 (Standard replaced by Ring "xenonmax" which I believe are just an enhanced Halogen) and the low beam is propper xenon.

Maybe being dim here but I have never heard of a halogen/xenon 'mix' headlamp before :headhurt: