Door skin removal help

MK-Ultra

I am in the process of installing a new sound system which i will shortly be putting up a thread on what i've done. In the mean time i am in need of some assistance, i am trying to add some sound deadening to the inside of the door but i am having trouble (i.e cant do it!!)

I have removed all the door trim but i can't get the inner metal door skin off to get to where the window rests when its down. The problem is two nuts that i cant remove. Unfortuantly i took these pics before just before it got dark so by the time i realised i couldn't get them off it was too dark to get a decent upclose pic.

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

I have circled the nuts that i couldnt remove, they are silver with a slotted thread on the end. The issue i have with them is they spin with the thread. I have tried using a spanner and a screw driver but to no avail. I tried getting my hand in the hole where the speaker was but couldnt really get a grip on the nut the other side

I was wondering if anybody who has done this and understands what i mean!! could tell me how they got them off as i might be missing something!!

Pretty sure the two bolts you mention are something to do with the window mechanism* and don't need to be un done. It all comes off as one with the motor. However if i remember rightly you have to seperate the drop glass first by unbolting it from the mechanism. Access can be gained to the bolt(s) by removing the round black sticky hole covers.

Hope this is of some help.

* they adjust the angle of the window runner I think.

When I first saw the title of your post, I read it wrong, and thought mmmm, he needs a Rabbi :lol::lol:

Haha thankfully its still in one piece!!

Pretty sure the two bolts you mention are something to do with the window mechanism* and don't need to be un done. It all comes off as one with the motor. However if i remember rightly you have to seperate the drop glass first by unbolting it from the mechanism. Access can be gained to the bolt(s) by removing the round black sticky hole covers.

Hope this is of some help.

* they adjust the angle of the window runner I think.

Cheers mate, i managed to get it off in the end thanks for the info!! i have yet to put it back together again i just hope that with all my trying to undo the bolts, i havent adjusted the angle too much :blush:

Thanks again for the info :thumbs: