Fitted Pioneer AVH2300DVD Nearly all works right

Bry

I can get either the front speakers and the sub to work or the rears and sub to work but not front,rears and sub to work together. What's confusing me is the black,white,red and yellow plugs that you plug into the back of the head unit. The pioneer has a SW L AND SW R port (I've pluged the yellow and black plugs into these.) The FL and FR (I've pluged the red and white plugs into these.) The remaining ports are V in V out and L in and L out , I tried using these ports but they did nothing (got a loud buzzing from the V in and out ports). So not sure how I can have front rear and sub speaket working together ?

Red / White / Black / Yellow are Front L & R and Rear L & R.

The sub is seperate and if it has L & R input you normally only need to use the L if you only have one RCA :thumbs:

The weird thing is the on the back of the stereo there is no Rear L & R ports, Just SW L, SW R, FL,FR, V in V out, L in, R in. I could try the Red and white plugs in the Front L & R and the Black and Yellow plugs in the L in and R in but this would not leave any plugs left for the Sub ? Here's a pic if it helps.

Thanks for your help :teeth:

Photo0175.jpg

The Black and yellow are in the SW L and SW R, the Red and white are the FL and FR.

Looks like you're going to need to get some RCA splitters. That way you can connect the FL on the headunit to FL & RL, and FR on the headunit to FR & RR

Man these cars are a Pain when it comes to stereo's. I've now had to order 2x RCA splitters, 2x Line boosters and I still can't see how the sub is going to work? All seems a waste of time as all I can hear is my Buddy club exhaust anyway :lol:

Unfortunately your unit does not support 4 speakers + sub

You can have it connected as you have with no sub or take the yellow and black out and plug the sub into the sub L socket.

So options are FL & FR + SUB

Or

FL & FR + RL & RR with no SUB

you can connect splitters but I think you would get the best resulrs with the first option....

Unfortunately you should have read up a bit on the unit and what output the Bose has before you bought it. You needed a unit with 3 preouts the one you have only has 2....

It is actually pretty easy to change a HU on a Zed, lots of us have done it and none of us are rocket scientists (i think)

Unfortunately your unit does not support 4 speakers + sub

You can have it connected as you have with no sub or take the yellow and black out and plug the sub into the sub L socket.

So options are FL & FR + SUB

Or

FL & FR + RL & RR with no SUB

you can connect splitters but I think you would get the best resulrs with the first option....

Unfortunately you should have read up a bit on the unit and what output the Bose has before you bought it. You needed a unit with 3 preouts the one you have only has 2....

It is actually pretty easy to change a HU on a Zed, lots of us have done it and none of us are rocket scientists (i think)

Still can't see how I can have 4 speakers without using Splitters as there is no rear output for me to plug the leads into? I'd be quite happy with 4 speakers and no sub :headhurt:

hi mate i fitted the avh4200dvd model to my zed i presume you are using the conversion loom suggested to use the original bose amps and speakers??

if so dont the sound was crap, so i ran my own cables direct to the speakers and connected them to the headunit speaker outputs directly sound is awesome and loud.

hi mate i fitted the avh4200dvd model to my zed i presume you are using the conversion loom suggested to use the original bose amps and speakers??

if so dont the sound was crap, so i ran my own cables direct to the speakers and connected them to the headunit speaker outputs directly sound is awesome and loud.

Worth a try thanks

You have the RCAs plugged in for all 4 speakers in the pic, have a look at the settings on the HU.

There should be a setting for front & rear or front & sub :thumbs:

Ok will have another look. I did find a setting which let me turn the sub off but the rear speaker settings aren't highlighted which means I can't access them. Time to stop being a bloke and actually read the manual :teeth:

All sorted after reading the manual :bangin: In order to turn the the rear speakers on I had to turn the system off (so no source is selected) then go into the menu, this would now let me access the rear speaker settings ,(previously it would not let me access this function as I was trying to access it with a source still selected) Now I have front and rear speakers :yahoo:

Thanks for everyones help :clap: