Spacer bolt question / concern

kriss

I have bought some me tech spacers. I'm Just not too sure how the fitted bolts are secured to the spacer.

Just wanted to know if I need to tighten up the studs/bolts that are threaded into the spacer before fitting to the hub? I am not sure how tight they are or if they are locked in in anyway? Don't want the spacers bolt to spin loose/foreveras I tighten up the wheel nut???

Reason I ask is that they look like normal high strength bolts that arent locked in to position in anyway, only screwed in.

Probably me just over analysing as normal lol

Presumably these are hubcentric spacers? Anyway, there's no need to worry about anything coming loose just make sure that when you fit the nuts that they are torqued to around 90.

It's also a good idea to smear a little copper grease on the spacers, this will help to prevent them corroding and make it much easier to remove them.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Usually the bolts either sit in a hexaganol "cutout" in the back of the spacer to stop it from moving, (which it dosnt sound like they have) or sometimes the bolts used have splines on them and sit in a splined hole in the spacer - therfore stopping them from spinning inside the hole. Not ever seen spacer bolts threaded into the spacer itself..