Interesting convo with MyTyres

Bobbyheinz

Ordered some Nokian WR A3s a few days ago. Today I received an invoice for 2 of them with a delivery date etc but not for the others.

Rang them up (obviously a foreign call centre) and the convo went something like this…

Me:Hi, I ordered 4 tyres and I've only got an invoice and delivery date for 2 of them. Can you check the status of my order please?

Her: You want to buy winter tyres?

Me:Well yes, but I've ordered them and just want you to check the status of my order

Her: Ok, what tyre size and speed rating do you want?

Me: (trying hard to remain calm) I have the order number it is……xxxx

Her: So you've already ordered tyres then?

It went on for some time like this and I ended up finishing the conversation without being any further forward. Although I think she said the tyres will be dispatched by the 3rd of January….

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Not so much on the confusion, but because you have different sizes front/rear they enter it as 2 orders - their system can't handle different tyres on a single order. (Mine came as 2 orders, the 225 and 235 separately)

I thought they were based in London and I think it's owned by Asians - maybe you got someone with less command of English.

When I bought my winter tyres they were extremely efficient and jolly helpful, so maybe if you phone again you could ask for a supervisor and get better info

Not so much on the confusion, but because you have different sizes front/rear they enter it as 2 orders - their system can't handle different tyres on a single order. (Mine came as 2 orders, the 225 and 235 separately)

I thought they were based in London and I think it's owned by Asians - maybe you got someone with less command of English.

When I bought my winter tyres they were extremely efficient and jolly helpful, so maybe if you phone again you could ask for a supervisor and get better info

+1

I also ordered winter tyres from MyTyres back in October. They came up as two separate orders and it was a bit confusing at first as they didn't process them at the same time. They did all turn up together though. Took just over a week as the tyres were shipped from Germany after a few days delay. I guess they were getting both sizes in stock so that they could send them out together so had to wait for one of the sizes.

Cheers for the replies chaps.

Yeah both confirmations have now come through and say they should be delivered on the 3rd of Jan.

I'll know for next time but it's always frustrating when you're already confused and then to add to it the person on the other end of the phone can barely speak English