Decat Fitment

agentsmith350

I've got a lambda sensor socket, and an offset lambda sensor spanner. Think you need either of these as it's fairly sunken in on the cats.

I moved the intake pipe out the way for easy access (left the airbox in).

Otherside, extension with a wobbly socket to help with the angle.

Both sides I got 2 from up top and 1 from underneath.

Where abouts are you mate? DO NOT go to a Nissan dealer, take it to an exhaust garage. They'll do it alot cheaper with ease.

see i was going to attempt this the other day too,ive got APC racing ones dont see how i can get my arm up there unless im dhalsim :shrug:

and if with rusted bolts .ha!!! thats why the car is not on a trolley jack as we speak!!

and i have lots of skin!! want to do it but after almost burning my face off getting centre pipe free im sure my lifes in danger with this one...were you based rm cya??

I've got a lambda sensor socket, and an offset lambda sensor spanner. Think you need either of these as it's fairly sunken in on the cats.

I moved the intake pipe out the way for easy access (left the airbox in).

Otherside, extension with a wobbly socket to help with the angle.

Both sides I got 2 from up top and 1 from underneath.

Where abouts are you mate? DO NOT go to a Nissan dealer, take it to an exhaust garage. They'll do it alot cheaper with ease.

Well its the intake side that iv got in bar the sensor but did it all from underneath , il have to see where i can get hold of one of those lamba sensor spanner/sockets from but im still stuck when it comes to this highest bolt on the other cat joint.

I had a look from up top but cant see anyway of getting down far enough to reach the bolt with all the piping ect in the way , the thing that stopped me getting to it from underneath was what looked like a rod connecting to the steering so id imagine if going in from the top id have the same problem :bang:

Im in Cumbria , id travel if your not to far and can lend a hand in exchange for some drinks money ;) .

There is a place near that does exhausts but hes a bit flaky , knows what hes doing but its a one man shop so its open when he feels like it and price varys on his mood :lol:

thats a shame mate, i would have given you a hand if you were local!!

the top bolt (for me lol) was the wasiest on to get onto.

looking from the top of the engine bay. theres a nice gap where you can see the top bolt, and the bottom left bolt. these are easily done from above. you just need a couple of extensions, with a socket on the end. wobbly socket if possibly as it helps with the angle so you dont round it off. i have a battery gun so cracking them off wasnt a problem, but they werent tight, you should easily be able to do it with a ratchet.

the 3rd nut and bolt is the lower one by the lambda sensor. i done this from underneath with a ratchet spanner.

i was going to take pics but it started getting dark, would have been alot easier to see what i mean.

see i was going to attempt this the other day too,ive got APC racing ones dont see how i can get my arm up there unless im dhalsim :shrug:

and if with rusted bolts .ha!!! thats why the car is not on a trolley jack as we speak!!

and i have lots of skin!! want to do it but after almost burning my face off getting centre pipe free im sure my lifes in danger with this one...were you based rm cya??

From London mate.

2 bolts either side from up top, and the bolts closest to the lambda sensors, do from underneath. ;)

thats a shame mate, i would have given you a hand if you were local!!

the top bolt (for me lol) was the wasiest on to get onto.

looking from the top of the engine bay. theres a nice gap where you can see the top bolt, and the bottom left bolt. these are easily done from above. you just need a couple of extensions, with a socket on the end. wobbly socket if possibly as it helps with the angle so you dont round it off. i have a battery gun so cracking them off wasnt a problem, but they werent tight, you should easily be able to do it with a ratchet.

the 3rd nut and bolt is the lower one by the lambda sensor. i done this from underneath with a ratchet spanner.

i was going to take pics but it started getting dark, would have been a lot easier to see what i mean.

Hmm il have another look at the weekend i think from up top , i had 2/3 bolts out and just couldn't get that one that's highest up ( What was easiest for you lol ) i had a mixture of tools and a bit of grip on the bolt , could move/flex the breaker bar ect about an inch and the :angry: still wouldn't budge so not to confident il get it from the top to be honest -

Problem is the 2 places i would trust with the car i cant get to because of my low front lip and speedbumps/steep hills so it would have to be a nissan job , im dreading MOT Time too as will have to do it all again :bang:

here you go mate. a nice gap to get both top, and 1 bottom bolt. the other bolt by the lambda sensor gets done from underneath

hope this helps :thumbs:

Those are absolutely great , appreciate it will have saved me a fair chunk from the garage if i can get to it ! , Il finish early tomorrow and give it a go i think :thumbs:

wedge the spanner somewhere, get the mrs to get under it and hold the spanner, or if youre lucky, because of the type of nuts they supplied, they might grip as you tighten them. the 4 i gunned up gripped right away, the other 2 by the sensors i done with a ratchet spanner and a normal spanner. :thumbs: