Decat Fitment

agentsmith350

Hi Guys ,

I was ordered some of these for xmas but they say on the description up to 05 , cant see there is any difference from 05 to to the 06 model , has anyone had any experience with fitting similar to an 06.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-Z ... 937wt_1185

Wondering if its worth going to get them fitted or try and return them if it will need lots of work/cost.

Dom

are you considering changing your exhaust?

I was but im thinking depending on how it sounds with decats i might leave it , already got the non silenced ones . Just need to find somewhere to get the gaskets and bolts to put them on after xmas

Zmanalex is your man for that stuff :thumbs:

I was but im thinking depending on how it sounds with decats i might leave it , already got the non silenced ones . Just need to find somewhere to get the gaskets and bolts to put them on after xmas

Is it possible to reuse the existing bolts and gaskets ?

If they are in good nick then yes :thumbs:

Is it possible to reuse the existing bolts and gaskets ?

Hi mate

im after a set of decats, japspeed are sold for a few weeks, so im wondering what the quality of these are like as they look identical etc.

was fitment good? :thumbs:

They usually are. Japspeed stuff is the same but with Japspeed on it :lol:. Ive not heard of bad fitting decats but usually the quality of the welds are different. :thumbs:

Tempted to order them, but as you say I know the welds might be a bit dodge. But how hard is it to weld a flange on a bit of tubing?? Lol

What size bore decats do people run, as this one and the japspeed one is 2.3" (60mm). Seems a bit small for the engine?? I thought they would be a minimum of 2.5".

Tempted to order them, but as you say I know the welds might be a bit dodge. But how hard is it to weld a flange on a bit of tubing?? Lol

What size bore decats do people run, as this one and the japspeed one is 2.3" (60mm). Seems a bit small for the engine?? I thought they would be a minimum of 2.5".

Don't think it makes a massive difference unless your running a true dual but could be wrong. I got sole h-dev silenced decats.

All done. Simple job. Got away with jackin up one side and doing both. Bolts weren't rusted at all, luckily my gun was still charged up so whacked on a long extension, got 2 bolts either side from up top (moved the intake pipe out the way to get easier access, left airbox in, just the pipe came off), the rest from underneath. Took about an hour in total.

As for sound.... :lol: Nismo with Unsilenced decats.... Have a guess! Lol. will try get a video ASAP, possibly tonight.

All done. Simple job. Got away with jackin up one side and doing both. Bolts weren't rusted at all, luckily my gun was still charged up so whacked on a long extension, got 2 bolts either side from up top (moved the intake pipe out the way to get easier access, left airbox in, just the pipe came off), the rest from underneath. Took about an hour in total.

As for sound.... :lol: Nismo with Unsilenced decats.... Have a guess! Lol. will try get a video ASAP, possibly tonight.

Good to know , i haven't got a gun just ratchet set , with a bit of luck it wont be much more difficult , dying to get them fitted !

• 2 weeks later...

Started at 12 , back in the house at 10pm in defeat !

Minus a small chunk of my thumb i now have one decat pipe fitted with no sensor in it and the other has been left because after removing all bolts bar the one highest up on the manifold end it wouldnt budge , could hardly get any tools up there and ended up with a hybrid of metal pipe , ratchet , sawn off spanner and an extention , still i cant see anyway at all of getting off so think it may be a nissan dealer job.

Other thing that stumped me is how to get the sensor out ! cant get any tool i have in the small gap to twist the bolt out !

Please help before i book her in for the weekend :headhurt: