Paint damage

rabster

Ok so was looking at the front of my car today and designing the bracket to mount my number plate and noticed a a hairline fracture in my paintwork it looks like it might have been pushed in as i can trace the crack right around an area, its not very noticeable but its there :rant:

So does anyone know the best place to take my car to get the front bumper repainted in essex ?

i used to take my lexus back to the stealership every-time i wanted the paint doing is this one of the best options i know they will be more expensive but is it worth it ?

what's your views......

• 2 weeks later...
So does anyone have any recommendations for garages in the Essex Area, was thinking take it back to ESR but that is a 4 hour drive probably get more damage on the way back down....

ESR is no more, regretably - Big Phil had a serious illness and the company was wound up.

Hopefully an Essex member or someone nearby will be long to advise about a paint shop locally :thumbs:

oh im sorry to hear about Phil, the work he did on this paint was top notch.

Yeah i used to take my lexus back to lexus as i had a good relationship there so got a fairly good discount on all works, thought about taking it to them and trying it....

there is only really this main bit on the front which i have been told is a crack in the gelcoat so would need to be done by taking right back im guessing due to it being the pearlescent its not easy to just fix a 1 foot by half foot section

• 5 months later...

As some of you will remember i had some damage to the front of the 350z mainly the following

e3ee2c17.jpg

4741c4b6.jpg

there was also a lump of carbon fibre missing from the front drivers lip and a huge crack in the paint and fibre glass

so i popped down to custom exotics in harlow for a quote which seemed reasoinable considering it was pearlescent paint and carbon fibre sections

a week later i dropped the car off they had it just under 1 week and then i collected it 10:00pm on a friday night (thats dedication)

the car looked like this at the end

c700c664.jpg

56ca1fa1.jpg

b9c3eb09.jpg

02e50747.jpg

585c53f7.jpg

d9901ef3.jpg

c9b81ea3.jpg

the also did a few other bits

they sorted out my wonky spoiler it turned out the moulding was off when the built it as the base was central to the car so the lifted this off moved it about 10mm then re seated it and voila no more wonky lol

they also smoothed the centre bit behind my numberplate on the grill shown here

64615cbc.jpg

this did have a knock out designed so you can mount the towing eye but because i have a speed camera avoider :shock: i mean plate hider this looks **** when the plate is hidden

the spoiler and smoothing was done FOC which was even better.

there is one bit that im not happy with which i only noticed the day after collecting it which is shown here

02e50747.jpg

the paint seem to be rippled from the headlight not sure why but i will get them to address this when i take it in to have the wheels looked at.