Insurance Question

scobie140

Insurance is due for renewal on the 14th, got the reminder through from admiral for £700 odd then done a few quotes and got them down to £550 so got them to match it only to find out that i have a claim/incident on my profile which should not have been there.Basically, a van hit my old car , minor scuff on the bumper, the van fled. I then decided to phone my insurance to enquire about this ( if i followed this up by contacting the vans insurance would that affect my present and future insurance to which admiral told me it wouldnt as i was not claiming through my own insurance) so i thought it would be ok, so followed up vans insurance and driver denied it so I left it at that.To claim through my insurance would not have been worth it as price would go up and it was only a minor scuff so fixed it myself and car is now sold.So now insurance database has a claim against me which i never wanted in the first place and putting price up £200. Is there anything I can do?

So i get punished for a hit and run done on me which the police didn't bother to follow up and i didn't get any compensation from his insurance as he denyed it. Wish i had just delt with him myself now and not involved the police or insurance. Would have felt justice and not been out of pocket! :bang:

I am afraid so mate, sucks don't it....... :bang:

Pretty much the same as house insurance too.... :angry:

So i get punished for a hit and run done on me which the police didn't bother to follow up and i didn't get any compensation from his insurance as he denyed it. Wish i had just delt with him myself now and not involved the police or insurance. Would have felt justice and not been out of pocket! :bang:

Well sadly after trying all other insurance companies(Cheapest £1500) no one will come anywhere near admiral(£750) so will have to go crawling back to them tail between my legs after telling them to ram it for missinforming me and telling them i'd be going else where :bang: £200 more over am incident that i never got any compensation for and will be shafted for an other 3 to 5 years till i can tick the no box.