Japspeed y pipe and K2 56 plate zed

soimafreak

Hi All,

I'm just looking at various options for replacing my exhaust system and I came across japspeed's k2 + y pipe combo which sounds good to me. The only thing that puts me off is the y pipe-back system says it is only suitable for upto 2005 ( Link )

Although this doesn't say it will fit my 56 plate I can't see why not especially if i'm fitting the y pipe as well ( Link

Has anyone fitted this combination or know if it will / won't work in this configuration ?

Any help appreciated.

Matt

avoid japspeed as you will have a nightmare of a time fitting.

If your spending that sort of cash go for the scorpion, cheap, cheerful, sounds good and has a lifetime warranty... When the systems state cat-back they're usually talking about y-pipe back as a full system will set you back around 700 including y-pipe.

Thanks for the feed back, I did listen to the scorpion as well but I just don't think it sounds as nice. I am a little concerned by the amount poor fitment / build quality of the Japspeed but You can get bad parts from high end makers as easily as the low end.

I'll have a bit more of a ponder and see what happens.

Thanks for the feed back, I did listen to the scorpion as well but I just don't think it sounds as nice. I am a little concerned by the amount poor fitment / build quality of the Japspeed but You can get bad parts from high end makers as easily as the low end.

I'll have a bit more of a ponder and see what happens.

videos never give a true reflection on sound. get out to a meet and listen in person before making any decisions.

I have a Japspeed system

Y pipe was fitted initially, and as the Y pipes have the flexible couplings, it wasn't too bad

The Mid section and backbox needed some adjustment - as the quote:

the hangers on the k2 need some persuation to make it sit right and tighter to the bumper.

Fitment from Japspeed can be hit and miss

You really need to do this with the car up on a 4 post lift, so you can get underneath and give it the adjustment it needs with suitable rings and levers - you need to be able to bend the 10mm dia stainless hanger rods to fit, so it takes a bit of effort and you obviously have to bend these without levering against the car. We took mine off after the first fit, adjusted it, and then put it on again, and did a few final adjustments. Booking this with my local garage, who I've used a few times, was fine - but you'll need to make sure your garage is not doing it with other customers queuing for the lift as it will take a bit longer than a standard fit.

Having said that, my garage fitted the mid section and the backbox for £25, which I thought was very fair.

post-5330-135011914857_thumb.jpg

post-5330-13501191488_thumb.jpg

post-5330-135011914889_thumb.jpg

And now - sound is LOVELY :cloud9: but still is quiet enough to listen to music on the motorway. Accelerating up gives you the real howl, and once over 5500 revs you get the same - but cruising at 3000 - 3500 in 6th you can hold normal conversations.

And then, after you've done the stainless exhaust, you'll just have to go for the Berks HFCs as well as they improve the flow further (needs a remap to make the most of this - I had Abbey do mine) and they add a bit more 'edge' to the tone!

Edited -

Forgot to add - the difference is - Japspeed YPipe back is about £349, and the Y Pipe is about £230 I think - other systems arre better but you'll pay quite a bit more. You get what you pay for - as in all things.