Nurrish auto-turn off

SparksCW

Anyone made their Nurrish unit automatically turn off with the ignition and automatically turn on with the ignition when the battery is flat?? its one of the things that really annoys me with it.

I was contemplating disconnecting the battery from the unit then assuming it'd turn itself off when it loses 12v power from the car?!!?

Any ideas?

It was never an issue just putting it on standby when I was getting out the car, I don't know if you mean this is still drawing current and therefore draining your battery if left for days or weeks etc?

But I had mines draw live from the cigarette lighter so it could only receive power while ignition was on anyway. So only downside was if left for days or weeks it would switch itself off, but wouldn't lose any information etc, just need to wait on it booting up which only takes a minute or so anyway.

It was never an issue just putting it on standby when I was getting out the car, I don't know if you mean this is still drawing current and therefore draining your battery if left for days or weeks etc?

But I had mines draw live from the cigarette lighter so it could only receive power while ignition was on anyway. So only downside was if left for days or weeks it would switch itself off, but wouldn't lose any information etc, just need to wait on it booting up which only takes a minute or so anyway.

I'm not worried about battery drain, I'd just like it to turn itself on and off automatically without having to press buttons. Just a bit annoying especially having to explain to people at the garage how to do it. I've modified mine so the switch is hidden. It's not a major problem I just wondered if there was a fix, as most sat nav's give the option automatically to turn off or stay on when mains power is lost. It turns itself on automatically provided it has charge in the battery, but as I don't drive the car all the time it'll often drain. It's just one of those small issues I'm wondering if can be fixed, if not I won't lose any sleep over it :thumbs: