speed after a week in a chevy malibu

darkoptics

Just got back from a mini roadtrip in the US

back in the zed after 4 weeks break and couldnt believe how fast it feels, you get used to driving automatic in the us too quickly - its good to be back on the right (left) side of the road

although $10 of fuel added 100 miles on the car computer - not sure £7.50 would get you 10 miles here

Ive always said the best way to make your car quicker is to drive some shed for a few weeks, then get back into it.

I had the same feeling earlier in the year when I hadnt riden my R1 for about 6 months due to blowing the gearbox up on it. I fitted a new gear box and tuned it back up myself, then took it for a spin and my god I left a brown smoke trail for miles. Having a new back tyre didnt help as it was wheel spinning at 120mph and I had to hang over the front bars in the 1st 3 gears just to try and keep the front wheel on the ground. Must have took me about 2 hours and 20 smokes to calm down afterwards.

My trip was to Detroit and Vegas (quite a few 350's there) both by plane then driving round Utah and Wyoming where every other vehicle was a F150

finished off in Yellowstone which is absolutely stunning, would highly recommend it there (although i can see that it would get very tedious in summer - the number of jams that were caused by people thinking they saw a bear, and then people stopping to see what those people were looking at - even in low season it was a bit frustrating... and we didnt see any bears!)