Forza 4 demo out now

Will370z

i know a number of you are forza / gt5 fans and are looking forward to forza 4 being released later this month. I see in the intro video the 370z gets a nice little chance to show its rear end and Seems jeremy clarkson is doing a lot of the voice overs for the game.

Just seen that the demo was released today so thought id pass on the message, get downloading :yahoo::drive1 Loved the last game.

Although forza is a good game it pales in comparison the IRacing. If your just after a fairly realistic game then its good but if you want a proper sim, look no further than IRacing. Its Unbelievable. You don't get anywhere near the amount of cars as GT5 or Forza but the physics and tyre model are second to none. I've been IRacing for about 30 races and only recorded 1 victory where as in the last Forza me and my mate where nearly always top in the room.

But as i said it is proper hardcore!! You need to put quite a bit of practice into it. But the one victory was an immense feeling! Next best thing to real racing, which i would love to do but lack both the time and funds :thumbdown:

Umm i will have to look up iracing.

Always been a fan of driving games and always will be, and with a decent force feedback wheel its very intense and gives you an adrenaline rush especially online, nearly as good as the zed with the berks lol.

Going to visit ths place soon with some friends, ive heard good things, anyone been? Looks like the ultimate simulation.

http://www.puretechracing.com/

Trust me i was a massive fan of online sims, i've tried nearly all of them, from the console ones like GT and Forza to the PC sims like RFactor Live for speed and now IRacing and i have to say IRacing beats them all.

The only thing with IRacing is the cost, What you do is pay a membership which gives you a few tracks and cars. You then buy the cars and tracks separately, getting discounts for bulk buying. All the tracks are laser scanned and are as near to the real thing as you can get, every bump and camber is true to real life.

It started with mainly Nascar but has now incorporated a lot of other classes. There as several professional Nascar drivers that regurly use it for practice and fun, as the tracks are so good. There is F1 but only one car the 2009 williams, while it may not appeal to some the reason there is only one is license costs and the time it take sto get the phyics as near to real as possible.

If you have a decent wheel and a bit of free time i would strongly recommend checking it they usually have special offers of a 3 month membership for the price of one for newcomers.

If you love your sims check it out you will not be dissapointed :thumbs:

If you could only see me, sat on an office chair with my logitec GT wheel stuck on an ironing board ( good enough for now, as don't really wanna spend a grand on the proper chair rig). I'll need to look into that IRacing. Sounds cool. I have a pretty good pc gaming rig as well as the consoles, so ill give em all a shot.

Ha Ha got to love to cheap rigs, if it works it races!!

As i said i got quite into my sims so got me a sweet little set-up for quite cheap the only issue is storage. I got a chair out of an astra coupe for £15 from scrappy. Used sone steel conduit i got from work to mount my wheel and hey presto a cheap setup. It works real well. The most expensive part was the wheel. Had a crappy one for a while then decided to treat myself to this bad boy....

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230

Amazing wheel. With those pedals its brilliant. Expensive but brilliant.

Give IRacing a try, and let me know how you get on, or if you need any pointers.

Cheers, Lionel.

Ha Ha got to love to cheap rigs, if it works it races!!

As i said i got quite into my sims so got me a sweet little set-up for quite cheap the only issue is storage. I got a chair out of an astra coupe for £15 from scrappy. Used sone steel conduit i got from work to mount my wheel and hey presto a cheap setup. It works real well. The most expensive part was the wheel. Had a crappy one for a while then decided to treat myself to this bad boy....

Give IRacing a try, and let me know how you get on, or if you need any pointers.

Cheers, Lionel.

Ouch, not cheap eh. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, were you one of the blues that was at the Zedfest. Lovely colour mate!

No i wasn't there unfortuantly, only got my car on the 19th of august i think it was, so just missed it. I was also working the whole time the Jockland hoon was on so missed that too :dry:

I really want to get to some of these meets, especially some of the bigger ones. Would be good to get some faces to names!

The most expensive part was the wheel. Had a crappy one for a while then decided to treat myself to this bad boy....

I just picked up the GT2 wheel (for both PS3/Xbox compatability) with clubsport pedals. Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to Forza. Will need to get the demo tonight!