Bose death

GC350z

Great start to the new year for me. Bose system decided CD's are too complicated and I should only use tapes or the radio. All it says is "Check Disc". Couldn't believe it. Had to tune in the radio for the first time in years. Hate radio and haven't seen a tape for years.

Love listening to the noise of the Z but need my tunes.

Nissan will be getting a mouth full as soon as they open for business this week.

Oh yea, Happy New Year to all.

Guy

So the best option is to go to Nissan and get it replaced meanwhile buy an aftermarket unit to replace the new Bose unit.

I got questions :D. What double din unit would anyone like to recommend and will it work with the phone controls on the steering wheel?

Thanks guys.

There's some great advice in the ICE and electronics section if you've got time to wade through it. from what I can gather Alpine do some top HU's but you may require some sort of adapter to use the steering wheel controls.

I bought a load of JL stuff (speakers and amps) from 'charlied' a member on here and am gonna go for the best Alpine HU I can afford. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably do the same but need to have a working stock unit to put back whenever I pass her on.

Also, need to work out all the parts needed to get an aftermarket unit working with the steering wheel controls for phone and stereo.