New Headunit set up costs

scobie140

I will be changing the head unit sometime in the near future to get rid of the left speakers cutting out problem. Now i'm not very good when it comes to ICE or eletrics so after a few searches it seems that replacing the head unit will solve the left speaker issue's and the skipping(not happned yet) is this correct? If so how much does this usually cost by the time you buy a Head unit,looms,facia etc? I wouldn't be after anything fancy just something that plays CD's and the radio that still works through the steering wheel. thanks for helping :thumbs:

The left speaker is driving me crazy too, I'm ready to rip the Bose out and repair it. See the guide for this here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21318&hilit=bose+left+speaker+repair

While you're at it you could add a 3.5mm jack socket for phone mp3 connection. See Husky's excellent thread for the ipod/mp3 hack here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176&hilit=ipod+hack

The Bose sound quality is good enough for me - I love my tunes but I get my ear food with the windows down these days ;)

At least by retaining the Bose the steering wheel controls shouldn't get FUBARed :thumbs:

I read that guide before posting, was unsure if it would be easier and not cost too much to just put a different one in. But i suppose i could always give it a try and if i make a mess of it then i'll be left to buy a new one. as for huskey's guide i've done some soldering a few years back when i did a bit of sparky training and it was messey! but if i had the unit out and in a million bits then why not? just need to buy a ipod to go with it