Which HU to choose?

AFTERSHOX

Which HU?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which HU?

• Pioneer AVH-3300BT
    • Kenwood DDX-4028BT

I'm considering two different Head Units to replace my BOSE toasted sandwich maker in the Z. Long story, but this is cheapest way to get a Rear Parking Camera; I've been researching using the BirdView NAV Screen, but the choices are very limited - so it's a replacement HU that I'm going for.

I'm torn between the following two units.... Please vote in the POLL - thanks. Comments also welcome. I know plenty folks have the Pioneer; but I'm slightly favouring the Kenwood.

Both are similar price.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a bit late but +1 on the 840!

Had it in for a few weeks now and VERY happy with it. Rear USB not a problem for me as I have thw wire feeding into my cubby box above the unit - easy access for USB drive or for iPod to plug straight into

Only downside I've found is not being able to copy my phonebook from iPhone to head unit, but that's a problem with Apple, not the HU!

• 1 month later...

Bluetooth is included and works well. Only downside for me is I can't copy my iPhone contacts list to the HU (which can hold 400 contacts I think) but that's an Apple problem, not the HU's. All other phones will allow you to copy over your contact list. I didn't price reverse camera, but I've seen it used with the HU and seems good.

Transferring contacts with an iPhone4 works fine on a JVC AVX840 here is a pic of it installed in a Zed

db934ea8.jpg

I didn't like it sticking out too far and will never use it for CDs or DVDs so i adapted the cage so it fitted flushed, obviously now will not open...

Reverse camera £20 off ebay, the type that fits in above the number plate in the light fitting :thumbs: