FAIRLADY SPEED LIMITER

tommannix

hi guys just brought a 2004 nissan 350z fairlady manual, and wondering if anybody can tell me which is the best way to remove the speed limiter as at the moment it is currently limitied to 112mph. someone has recommended a hks speed limit defencer but i understand its difficult to fit them, would be grateful for any help on this subject.

:welcome: to the forum. Might be worth trying the search function ;)

An alternative to getting a HKS speed defender fitted is having a up-rev re-map, this will also bag you a better running engine and some extra performance for not much more money. ;)

I was in your position 2 years ago - and opted for the UpRev remap

2 reasons -

1) I'm not a fan of secondary fitting as it's another link in the chain and

B) Re mapping allows for other (future) improvement options

In my opinion, this has been proven as the correct option. Since delimiting the car about 2 years ago, she's now been UpRev remapped and then re mapped again, as I changed the exhaust in a couple of stages, (new Y pipe, then full exhaust) and then fitted a plenum spacer and Berks HFCs - and each time the remap maximised the gains possible from the improvements.

Anyway - it's up to you, but I'd recommend the remap route. The only other thing to make sure is - pick someone in whom you have confidence for the remap. There are still people around who say they'll do you a remap on a budget as it's a new development for them - I'd suggest you avoid that and go to someone who knows what they're doing. I can't comment on people I've not used - but if it helps point you in a good direction, I travel 250 miles from Manchester to Oxted in Surrey to take my girl to Abbey Motorsport. It costs me the day travelling each way - it costs the fuel each way, and Abbey are not the cheapest anyway - but I don't regret spending the money as whenever you have any questions, they give you straight answers, and I have complete confidence that they know what they're doing. Messing with the map of your ECU is getting pretty close to the brain that makes the heart of your engine beat - and I'd not like to entrust that to just anyone - and Abbey have done a great (well, a few great) jobs for me, and I'm happy to recommend them.

Good luck - please post which route you choose!