Wheels alignment @ Nissan Mill Hill

Adrian@TORQEN

79 quid for what though? Alignment or full geometry? Garages usually say that alignment is just a check and they will do small alterations to maybe toe in/out for free, but full on geometry they'll then charge at something like 30 quid a wheel. I'd check with them exactly what they will do for that money and how much it will cost if anything needs changing.

If you get a good mech then ask them for a fast road setting. Usually they'll set the camber on the front to be a bit more agressive, probably on the limit of the range Nissan specifies as acceptable for the car. This will sharpen up turn in and corner grip a little.

Thanks Chris!

Called them again and they confirmed (the lady from the Servicing department) that full geometry included within the £79.00. Adjustments included, if some parts are broken and needs replacement will be additional charge.

I guess will see tomorrow.

Nice video explanations bellow:

You should get before and after printouts :thumbs:

Ask to speak to the tech that is doing the work and also the service manager. Always good to get friendly with them. If you mention the forum they might let you out the back ;) (although not sure they have the same arrangement as WLMG in Slough who know the forum well)

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, got my 350z a few months back, had a minor collision where I got hit in my rear nearside wheel, knocked my steering out. Insurance fixed, via a body shop but not convinced it is exactly correct so want to take it to Nissan to get done properly.

Joined your forum, did my research found this thread, and just rang up WLMG Slough and was Quoted 75+ VAT, and then £15 per wheel = total cost of £150.

Mentioned the forum etc , and politely declined, saying I would seek out another price mentioning Watford Branch. (which I should have kept that to myself.. read on)

Rang WLMG Watford to get a price. Lady said she couldnt get a price right now but rang me back. 15mins later with an identical price.

(I must sound like a Cu.. mug on the phone?)

I tried another Nissan Garage won't say where and immediately got quoted 89 inc vat inc adjustments (seems like a more reasonable offer)

Your thoughts please.

Can I hop over to the Good Garage / Bad Garage Forum and get Slough and Watford WLMG out of the Good List?

• 1 month later...