HELP Identify this part please? 45B 3Z12

tobys

Hi all, wondered if someone might be able to identify this part please?

WP_000247.jpg

WP_000248.jpg

WP_000249.jpg

Left hand side of engine (UK driver's side) front of the camcase between sparkplug locations (see pic).

Plastic screw in (21 or 22mm socket) valve that I assume is to do with crackcase ventilation as hose from it goes to air pipe on front of bottom half of intake plenum.

I suspect it to be the cause of a strange hiss from my engine (since I fitted plenum spacer) and imagine it's broken. Engine did overheat once (well before plenum fitted) so imagine this part might be cooked...

Took airpipe off and cleaned a good bit of oil out of valve-thing, checked that pipe clamps all holding tight but still hisses.... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Toby

Thanks for the replies Neil & Alex!

I was very careful fitting, esp the oil fill rubber and have checked since, looks clean. Will check again though.

Do the CVVs break (is not function as intended)? I guess its a one-way valve that only allows air up (is DRM camcase into Mani). could mine be venting wrong way?

Any other fail-prone parts in this bit of the system which might be failed/failing?

Cheers,

Toby