What and how much is needed

scobie140

Hi folks, In the negotiation stages of getting a zed, it needs a few touch ups and a full service so want to get prepaird and take advantage of opie oils sale if the sale gets wrapped up tonight. Its an 04 reg with 55k and a full service history. Had a look through the paperwork but it doesn't state whats been done at the services brake fluid,coolant, sparkplugs etc. From what i've read the spark plugs should have been done at the last service but they wern't on the receipt so will just do them anyway to be sure. I've had a look on opie oils as I used them when servicing my type r so trust what they list as suitable and the amount required, But thought its always safe to double check with the people in the know. So if you's could reccomend whats best i'd appreciate it.

So from my reaserch i'll need;

Engine oil, 5L and some for top up? & filter

Gearbox oil 3 or 4L?

Diff fluid, 1.5L?

6 Spark plugs

brake fluid, no idea how much

coolant, 9L i think?

Has an induction kit so will pick up a new cone when i ge the size's for it

Anything i've forgot?

Thanks for any help guys

Just going to put mine into service next week, I spoke with Opie and they recommended a Fuchs engine oil which is going at about £30 for 5L in the sale.

You need I think 2.5L for gear and 1.7L for Diff - anyway it comes out to 4.2L in total I think - no more than 5L though.

I also got some denso iridium sparkies, nissan oil filter and some new drive belts.

Have you checked brake pads?

I use Opie from time to time but it is well worth :pmzmanalex: as I'm sure he can supply all you need at a good price and you will definitely get the correct or better items to use.

+1

Got all my bits off Alex and oil from Opie as their sale prices are pretty competitive at the moment.

I'll drop zmanalex a message later if he doesn't see this thred, by that time i should have a better idea of what i need. I forgot about the belts! How much are the two belts roughly? and are they hard to fit? I wasn't sure if the diff and the gearbox used the same oil so thats handy that they do.