Just got an Extended Warranty Quote...

Kuro

Well, my Zed has somehow managed to reached it's third year in January, and I have to say, it's been good stuff so far :)

Being a paranoid nutter, I was concerned about the warranty ending, so I've been doing some homework and trying to source an extended warranty...

So, Nissan HQ (or whatever they are) want a grand total of £939 - and that's for the 70k option, if you're a high miler then it's £1799 :scare: (2 year deal)

Warranty Direct came in slightly cheaper, at approx £400 for one year, however that was using non Nissan dealers - if you wanted to use approved dealers it was nearer the Nissan one year price of £459.

So, marginally depressed, I'd resigned myself to paying just short of £500 for a further 12 months cover. Then I decided to call my local Nissan dealer and see if they offered anything.

In summary, two years extended warranty, exactly the same cover as Nissan GB - £550 :D

Pretty pleased with that. Ok, so that was my audio budget, but I've already had a few minor issues that would easily have cost more than £550 - so it seems like a good idea :)

So, here's looking forward to another two years worth of worry free motorin' B)

• 3 weeks later...
Does your dealer warranty limit you to using that dealer network?

Surely if its a nissan warranty you can use it at any nissan dealer irrespective of the network? :wacko:

I'm asking the question based on a tip from one of the guys that works at my dealer. If the warranty is provided by ABC Ltd (for example) then Nissan GB won't recognise it. So, if the dealer shuts up shop (as happens a lot at the moment, or gets taken over) you may not have a warranty....

Surely if its a nissan warranty you can use it at any nissan dealer irrespective of the network? :wacko:

I'm asking the question based on a tip from one of the guys that works at my dealer. If the warranty is provided by ABC Ltd (for example) then Nissan GB won't recognise it. So, if the dealer shuts up shop (as happens a lot at the moment, or gets taken over) you may not have a warranty....

Now I'm with ya. :blush:

Yes very true. I'd probably get a Nissan extended warranty to (hopefully) avoid any probs with Nissan etc. Maybe you could call a dealer and ask them what, if any, 3rd party warranties they would accept? :)

Not sure to be honest, but I'll probably be signing up Friday, so I'll confirm it :)

Worst case is that it's dealer specific. Which isn't so bad, as my dealer has at least 4 or 5 outlets across the North West, all of which are Nissan main dealers.