Choosing and fitting Y pipe

lukekbrown

Hi,

I've just had a Scorpion exhaust fitted and noticed that my OEM Y pipe is in bad condition, therefore have decided to get a new one.

Firstly, will the below y pipe be okay to fit? As have heard lots of things about madrel bends, welding quality etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230667667086? ... 1423.l2649

If not, what y pipe do you suggest, or what y pipe do you have fitted, do you get any problems?

Can this be easily fitted? I.e. does the existing one just bolt off and new one on? I'm assuming I don't need to disconnect CAT's or link pipes?

Thanks

@tarmac

Just had a scorpion fitted y pipe back as my OEM was rusted and blowing

Sounds nice except for the rattling coming from somewhere behind passenger seat - garage (dealer - Wessex Nissan) said they had a bit of a mare trying to fit the scorpion to the OEM ypipe.

Do you reckon a Stillen might help? What price can you do shipped to Bristol? Cheers bud

excellent - I'll do some sums and PM you in the next couple of days if I can afford it

re: dealer - yeah...I know.. :blush:

did some searching on here and Bristol seems a bit lacking in reliable garages - some people even saying Wessex are OK and from chatting to them they actually seem OK. Didnt charge me quite as much as originally quoted too.

but - i do now have a @*!# load of rattle. So anyone know a garage in Bristol?

excellent - I'll do some sums and PM you in the next couple of days if I can afford it

re: dealer - yeah...I know.. :blush:

did some searching on here and Bristol seems a bit lacking in reliable garages - some people even saying Wessex are OK and from chatting to them they actually seem OK. Didnt charge me quite as much as originally quoted too.

but - i do now have a @*!# load of rattle. So anyone know a garage in Bristol?

Ask and ye shall find :#1:

viewforum.php?f=170

Good guys by all accounts and prolly not a million miles away