Raising fully up onto four axle stands - how?

scubapics

Can anyone give me some tips for getting the Z fully up onto axle stand please. Seems a bit hair raising to me to jack one end up, put onto axles stands and then the other end up hoping the first two don't slip.

I've raised the front onto ramps before to do an oil change but couldn't for the life of me work out how to get a jack under the rear diff once the car is at such an angle. I've seen a youtube vid of someone slightly jacking one side of the car to get a jack under the front or rear jack points and then jacking up.

It would be good to hear from someone who has done this themselves.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I know this a little old, but I've just done this today. I put the front wheels onto ramps then jacked the rear from one side, I used a frilly jack and a block of wood rather than the standard Nissan jack on sill jacking points.

Once one side was lifted I put an axle stand under the car (at the base of the rear shock) then jacked the other side in the same way, fitting a 2nd axle stand.

Once it was stable I then jacked the diff to give a few more inches on the axle stands. I now have all 4 wheels off the ground with around 2 foot of clearance.

Car is lifted like a 4x4 at the moment, half way through a DIY engine swap, it's stable and has given me enough room to remove the prop shaft, W brace, cats - perfect!

Hope that helps,

Stu

Not really as I needed to take all four wheels off to do a brake fluid flush and bleed.

Jacking one side up fully to put axle stands on seems rather dangerous to me.

The best way I found is to drive the car up onto some scaffolding planks to raise it a little. That gives enough clearance for a trolley jack to be put under the front jacking point which is the chassis cross member between the engine and gearbox. Raise the front and put onto axles stands at the front sill jacking points.

Then do the same with the rear jacking point under the differential and put two stands under the rear sill jacking points.

The car is raised in a balanced manner doing it this way.

Not really as I needed to take all four wheels off to do a brake fluid flush and bleed.

Jacking one side up fully to put axle stands on seems rather dangerous to me.

The best way I found is to drive the car up onto some scaffolding planks to raise it a little. That gives enough clearance for a trolley jack to be put under the front jacking point which is the chassis cross member between the engine and gearbox. Raise the front and put onto axles stands at the front sill jacking points.

Then do the same with the rear jacking point under the differential and put two stands under the rear sill jacking points.

The car is raised in a balanced manner doing it this way.

Its the same difference really, if your car is lowered there is no chance you can get to the front or rear jacking points easily. If Im doing it that way Id do one axle stand at at a time like drivers side, then passenger side then rear. :thumbs:

I did this when I fitted the K1, and my local tyre place had it up in the air with all 4 wheels off the other week also. They just used 4 trolley jacks to get it in the air. I jacked up each corner at a time, then stuck axle stands under solid points under the car until it was all up in the air.