Interior trim parts replacement

Chuck21

Hi all,

My interior is generally tidy but I think the prior owner must have worn rings or something as there are fairly large scratches on the door handles (the rubberised coating seems very thin and scrathes reveal the lihgt coloured plastic underneath) and the opening switch/button for the vertical centre cubby (where sat-nave would be if fitted).

Does anyone know if it's possible to repair/replace these parts ?

Thanks!

Charlie

I can help with the centre cubby but I would say 99% of grab handles are marked. Nissan used a cheap rubber coating to try and make the parts feel a little less plasic but it comes off way too easy. I would either get yours wrapped or painted but you would have to remove all of the rubber as paint really doesnt like it!

:thumbs:

Currently developing a carbon fibre skinning technique for the interior trim, so spent a lot of time on this recently. 120 grit wet and dry followed by 240 grit will get rid of the rubber and give you a nice rough but not scratched surface for the paint, exact colour match could be tricky, but go to halfords and look at what they've got, few coats of primer, two or three coats of colour and some satin or matte clearcoat should do the trick. Much cheaper than a replacement part and will look brand spanking and probably last longer than the original (budget a good few hours to do the work though).

If you did want new bits, R35LEE is the guy.

DB

Hi guys i've just got my first Zed (loving every second of it!!! :teeth: ) but i've got the same problem, the paint near where the handle/mirror controls are is scratched quite badly. I could try sanding down and respraying myself as suggested above, i was just wondering how much a replacement part will be? thanks.