Forced Induction

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

I'm trying to get some Uk tuners interested in installing FI kits on our cars. We have a solution for APS and some tuners who will do Vortech.

What, if any, is the level of interest out there and if so, in what kit.

Turbonetics ST, APS Single, GReddy TT, JWT TT?

What are you realistically expecting to pay for kit and install.

from what I heard the JWT TT is supposed to be as well built and as good as the APS, so i vote for that :) (and possibly the new HKS ST and TT)

mine is just an interest for the future though, not near either :(

why would you go for the jwt.it is still very much in infancy compared to the aps tt.aps are and always will be leaders in fi for the 350z as they spend a lot of money on research and development.tuners coming into the game now such as HKS have probably looked at the aps system before designing there own. :headhurt:

Guest prescience

Take a look here - I don't think what you say is correct

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... 45&page=12

Where you are correct is that APS have marketed a tuner-installed FI kit for the 350Z in the UK and this is something the other manufacturers have yet to cotton on to. But their kit is expensive here precisely for the reason that they have the market cornered - that is not in the end-users interests and will change and I for my part am trying to make that change happen by contacting UK installers with the help of Matt at CPRacing.

Alos, I very much doubt that HKS copied APS - I'm sure toykilla (josh) can help us out with that one - I think they would be horrifed to hear anyone say that :)

Improving on current systems is the name of the game.

APS openly admitted to buying a Greddy kit and improving on it. What is wrong with JWT and HKS doing similar.

JWT does Nissan performance almost exclusively. Their turbo kit has been on the drawing boards for along time and I seriously doubt they are merely copying another design.

HKS is a different story entirely. They have been around along time and have been pioneers on every level. They are credited as offering the first ever aftermarket bolt on turbo system for a car. At this time it is too early to know what they are doing. All we know at this point is the turbo type they will include and they are including catalytic convertors.

Every system takes a different approach, and its very hard to get clear cut answers these days because too many people choose sides.