New HU need help with Loom/Steering control please

slimjim

Looking to replace my standard HU with a Pioneer.

but I presume will need a harness converter to control it from the new HU?

I have had a look here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16403

but I am getting confused with all the different options :blush:

My car is a 2003 GT with a BOSE setup.

But I am taking ALL the BOSE setup out and replacing it all. So all I really need to know is what converter I need so my HU can be controlled with my steering wheel controls.

Can anyone help?

:thumbs:

Hi mate, you need the BOSE steering loom iso from sextons then the little steering remote wire for your headunit that plugs into the loom, the main loom is £32.99 and the extra sterring remote wire is a couple of quid, you may need a inline booster from sextons too

Hi mate, you need the BOSE steering loom iso from sextons then the little steering remote wire for your headunit that plugs into the loom, the main loom is £32.99 and the extra sterring remote wire is a couple of quid, you may need a inline booster from sextons too

I think that MIGHT be wrong... I don't think I need the loom as I am replacing ALL the loom/cables with NEW. NOT using the existing stuff at all.

APART FROM the steering wheel controls. So do I need this loom to get the steering wheel controls to work?

Or... looking at the extra steering remote ... something like this http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/ict/p~29-005.html?cat=0

There are ones listed for Kenwood, Sony, JVC, Clarion and Alpine... but there ISN'T one for Pioneer :rant:

Anyone know where I can get one for Pioneer?

Right... found it all guys :thumbs:

I rang Sextons and they sorted it all out for me.

The Pioneer 29-007 was in stock but not on the website, so they updated the website so I could get it :)

Plus, they said as I am putting a new head unit it with NO link to the old wiring, I don't need a harness :#1:

Did order the inline booster dude? I didnt have one and needed my new HU on max volume to hear anything.

Also make sure your HU has 4 inputs 2 x Front and 2 x Rear and Sub. :thumbs:

Inline booster? What for?

The HU is NOT linking to ANY standard equipment. Only all brand new stuff that I have installed.

Amps, Subs, speakers.... Not sure what I would need an inline booster for?

(Cheers for the shout though!)

I bought this from Sextons for my pending install;

Product ID: 29-674

Product Name: ICT 29-674 - Nissan 350z Bose USC Loom

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: £32.99

This will allow the H/U to mate to the BOSE connectors (for power & steering wheel controls). A lot of the other connectors will not be used as like yourself, I will be using the phono outputs from the H/U to feed an amplifier(s). You will need this if you still want to use the steering wheel controls.

Product ID: 50-229

Product Name: ICT 50-229 - Nissan 350Z Pre 06 Single DIN & Pocket

Unit Price: £19.49

This will allow me to install my Alpine 9887R H/U when the BOSE has been removed.

Product ID: 29-001

Product Name: ICT 29-001 - Alpine head-unit lead

Unit Price: £4.49

This will connect the loom to my Alpine head unit to integrate the steering wheel controls fully.

Hope this helps.

So do you think I ALSO will need the ICT 29-674?

I thought all that did was link a new head unit to the old loom.

And the ICT 29-00*(7 in my case) linked the head unit to the steering controls?

Jim what Pioneer are you fitting?

For my F900bt the 29-007 didn't work properly, you need the updated 29-020 :thumbs:

If you are not sure email incartec they are really helpful and will let you know the best adapter to get.

I have a 29-007 knocking around somewhere as I replaced it with a 29-020, with the 007 the track selection buttons didn't work and it was really sluggish, with the 020 everything works great and much faster.

Also PM if you are getting a F900bt as I can point you in the direction of some VERY nice updates ;)

Do a search for my posts in the I.C.E. section or drop me a PM :thumbs:

Did order the inline booster dude? I didnt have one and needed my new HU on max volume to hear anything.

Also make sure your HU has 4 inputs 2 x Front and 2 x Rear and Sub. :thumbs:

Inline booster? What for?

The HU is NOT linking to ANY standard equipment. Only all brand new stuff that I have installed.

Amps, Subs, speakers.... Not sure what I would need an inline booster for?

(Cheers for the shout though!)

Correct you only need to boosters to run the puny Bose Amps.... when I replaced my speakers and got an Amp fitted the boosters were not required :thumbs:

I have just fitted my pioneer deh-p9800bt all is working well and sounding much better than bose hu only thing is steering wheel controls dont work it does all sorts of funny things!! Are you saying this can be resolved with a different adapter?

SpursMadDave... I have gone for the P4300DVD. Should arrive on Monday. B)

Are you saying the 007 will NOT work? And I need the 020?

Do I ALSO need the extra cable/harness?

DRGinger, have a look at the link in my first post ;)

Yes you will need the ICT 29-674 mate. The blurb on the Sextons website states "To use the Steering Wheels Control function of this loom you must get a corresponding lead to match your head unit. These have part numbers 29-***". I took that to read that you need the ICT 29-674 AND the 20-00x leads together to get your brand of H/U working with the 350z Steering Wheel controls :thumbs:

Worth reading this thread for info viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16403

Yes you will need the ICT 29-674 mate. The blurb on the Sextons website states "To use the Steering Wheels Control function of this loom you must get a corresponding lead to match your head unit. These have part numbers 29-***". I took that to read that you need the ICT 29-674 AND the 20-00x leads together to get your brand of H/U working with the 350z Steering Wheel controls :thumbs:

Worth reading this thread for info viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16403

You mean the link in my opening post? ;)

I spoke to them at Sextons and they said I only needed the 007 cable as I am not linking the HU to the old system.

But SpursMadDave says I may need 020....

Any more info Dave?