For sale: 51 Almera Sport+, 85k, £795

Squee

Hi all,

This is probably of no interest at all to many on here but you never know!

Our front drive is resembling a second hand car showroom at the moment as between myself and Mr Squee we now have four cars (somone got jealous of someone else's Zed at the weekend and bought themselves a Leon FR to add to the fleet) so we're selling my previous car, a 51 plate Almera Sport+.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want any more details/pics.

S.

EDIT: We're in Chester.

-------------------

Nissan Almera Sport Plus 1.8 51 Reg 2001 (2001)

84,500 miles

£795

almera1.jpg

almera2.jpg

almera3.jpg

MOT until November 2011. Tax until March 2012.

This car has been my baby since I bought it with 65,000 miles on the clock in July 2007 and if I could afford to keep it I would, but I have bought myself a new toy and so need to sell. Since then the car has only covered an average of 5,000 miles a year as my commute was quite short.

The good bits:

The engine sounds as smooth as silk and it is a real head-turner looks-wise (the Wolfrace alloys on lowered suspension, body kit and privacy glass really set it off nicely). In addition, the cream leather interior really complements the exterior looks. Ideal for a younger driver as despite the sporty looks it is only insurance group 7. The car is mechanically A1. I have scanned the on board computer and there are no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present whatsoever.

The QG18DE engine is tuned to provide lots of torque at lows revs, making it feel very nippy around town, yet the engine is quite frugal and still delivers 37 MPG (I recently verified this myself). It also features N-VCT, which is Nissan's version of Honda's VTEC dual overhead camshaft variable valve timing which gives extra power when you really put your foot down.

The car has part service history until 2007, after which I have had the oil changed at the local garage at least every 6000 - 7000 miles and changed the air filter and spark plugs myself annually. The car has only covered 84,500 miles, which is a relatively low mileage for a Japanese vehicle. The engine is chain-driven, so no worrying about cam belt changes.

In the past year the car has had new brake discs, pads and calipers all round, a brand new complete exhaust system, front and rear engine mounts and a new tyre. All tyres have plenty of tread on. I have every MOT certificate and a ton of receipts.

The bad bits:

The steering lock does not work. It was like this when I bought the car and I have never been able to figure out why.

One alloy is quite badly kerbed thanks to Manchester airport car park and the others also have some less severe kerbing.

There are four or five surface scratches of about 8cm just below the driver's door handle thanks to a careless 4x4 driver at Sainsbury's, however I suspect these may T-Cut out.

There is a deep scratch on the front bumper of about 8cm (Sainsbury's again!). I have a touch-up paint kit for the car which should sort this out and which I will give to the buyer.

There are a few stone chips here and there which is only to be expected on a car of this age.

The interior is a bit tatty.

If you have any questions at all or would like to see pictures of the above please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Below is the full feature list for this car.

Appearance:

Metallic silver paint

Factory-fitted front spoiler

Factory-fitted rear spoiler

Factory-fitted side skirts

17" Wolfrace "Street Mantis" alloy wheels

Low-profile tyres with plenty of tread

Lowered suspension

Body-coloured bumpers

Body-coloured mirrors

Chrome door handles

Aluminium scuff plates with 'Almera' logo

Factory-fitted silver windscreen washer jets

Front fog lights

Factory-tinted windows

Clear side indicator repeaters

Comfort:

Electric windows

Power-assisted steering

Air conditioning (needs re-gassing)

Electric sunroof

Electric mirrors

Full leather seats

Factory-fitted Momo leather gear knob and gaiter

CD / radio / MP3 / USB / SD card head unit with iPod / MP3 player input

Four speaker audio system

Height-adjustable steering wheel

Illuminated vanity mirrors

Convenience:

Outside temperature gauge - warns of icy conditions

Front cup holders

Coin rack

Central locking

Split 60/40 folding rear seats

Full-size spare wheel

Rear wash / wipe with water jet

Curry hook - no more spilt take-aways!

Rear 12 volt power outlet

Safety:

Four star Euro / NCAP rating

ABS

All round disc brakes

Driver's airbag

Passenger's airbag

Side airbags

Isofix child seat anchor points

Rear headrests

Immobiliser

Deadlocked doors

High-level rear brake light

They're good cars mate :thumbs:

ive just sold my one that i was using as a run around while i sorted my main car, i was sorry to see it go as it was probably one of the most reliable cars ive had :byebye:

oh also try gumtree, mine was a similar price, spec and mileage and mine sold the same day i put the add on.

good luck :thumbs:

Cheers Bullet - I'll get it on Gumtree tonight. Don't really use that site as much as I should but it's got better recently now you can do national searches rather than forced to contain it to on city. I've sneaked an advert in the local paper (where I work) so hopefully something may come of that too!

Yeah, I'll be sad to see it go! I know Almera's aren't usually considered the most sexy of cars but I've enjoyed having it and it's a good looking example of one. Before buying the Zed I'd only ever driven the Almera and a 106 so I'm on a bit of a learning curve still :lol:

S.