Help motorised cubby dead can't get new stereo in!

Karlp

Just trying to install my new double din unit and found I need to take out the jap sat nav buttons to get to screws only problem is my motorised cubby door has stopped working so can't get the cubby door up to get a flat blade in to remove the controls!

Help! :scare:

if its not going back and it used to be electrically motorised then my guess is that the power has become discontected to it.

you should be able to gently push it back, and it shouldn't upset the motor, it will just rotate itself.

if its not going back and it used to be electrically motorised then my guess is that the power has become discontected to it.

you should be able to gently push it back, and it shouldn't upset the motor, it will just rotate itself.

It was working intermitantly when I first got the car but the cubby button is just now responsive?

Could you get some pics of yours dude? :blush:

You could PM R35LEE and see if he has any spare motorised cubbys, failing that you could get a non motorised one, just be sure to state the year of the car cos I think later models won't fit older models and vice versa.

Think I could wire it in somehow??? Also will sat nav now not work??

Thanks dude will pm him.

Will the jap sat nav still work as it only came on when the lid was pressed ??

to be honest as far as i was aware the jap satnav was all but useless in the UK, might be worth looking at suing the cubby space for a cookbot unit. should fit and use your original vubby etc, but actually be of some use.