Vortech V2 2.87 pulley

Keyser

Well yes I will but thought someone would have a pulley - wasnt so sure about anyone having a belt - looks like a an email to th States is in order.

You after anything for yours - Like a new belt? I may have a next to new one available soon :teeth:

I do need a new belt really as as far as I know its never been changed, but if yours is nearly new I may be interested. ;)

I've put off buying one from the states as I thought I might get a smaller pulley and then change it anyway.

I was thinking of the 3.12 as I think I would be a little nervous about reliability on the 2.87.

Let me know what you do, as if I don't have your belt I may order a new one and we can save on postage.

I have used http://superchargeronline.com/index.asp before for getting a new oil jet. They are very good and helpful on the phone/email.

It might be worth checking your Oil jet/nozzle to see if its brass, if it is it's worth while getting one of the new stainless ones while your ordering stuff. The brass ones are known to crack (as mine did) and it took 4 weeks to get a new one!

I do need a new belt really as as far as I know its never been changed, but if yours is nearly new I may be interested. ;)

I've put off buying one from the states as I thought I might get a smaller pulley and then change it anyway.

I was thinking of the 3.12 as I think I would be a little nervous about reliability on the 2.87.

Let me know what you do, as if I don't have your belt I may order a new one and we can save on postage.

I have used http://superchargeronline.com/index.asp before for getting a new oil jet. They are very good and helpful on the phone/email.

It might be worth checking your Oil jet/nozzle to see if its brass, if it is it's worth while getting one of the new stainless ones while your ordering stuff. The brass ones are known to crack (as mine did) and it took 4 weeks to get a new one!

Thanks for the tip

I need to run 10 - 11 PSI to hit target so I was looking at the 2.87, however as I will be increasing the revs to 7,500 :scare: the SC will spin past 60,000 which is above Vortech recommendation!

So keep the revs down or go for the 3.12 Hmm need to do a bit more research on this - would also need to check my belt size as it may be slightly longer due to the pinch roller setup.

The 3.12 and 2.87 non revup both use a 93 inch gates belt but 93.5 and 93.75 have been used with the additional rollers.

Will keep you informed of my progress and let you know before I order, have about 30 emails out today sorting stuff out getting info etc, including a possible piggy back of some parts from the states on another pallet coming in - big savings on P&P all round if we can do it, the P&P nearly doubles the cost!

would also need to check my belt size as it may be slightly longer due to the pinch roller setup.

The 3.12 and 2.87 non revup both use a 93 inch gates belt but 93.5 and 93.75 have been used with the additional rollers.

Yeah, I believe I have the 93.5 inch belt fitted.

I'm liking the sound of your plans, sounds like it'll be pretty mental when your done! :teeth:

Looks like I'll probably go with the 3.125 as well still above maximum impeller speed at 6800rpm!!!

Can't find the drive belt listed on superchargeronline :bang:

They do have the pulleys - email on its way to them :)

What are your plans for the SC Chris?

Hopefully the next stage of its evolution mate :thumbs:

Or a huge waste of money :scare:

Things in the pipeline waiting for some info back then I'll start a thread. :blush:

Sam you have PM

What are your plans for the SC Chris?

Hopefully the next stage of its evolution mate :thumbs: ............

Good stuff - can't wait to see the progress thread.

If you're bringing the Zed past 420bhp though won't you have to build the engine?

EDIT - nevermind I found your other thread. :thumbs: