Brakes not right after P2

stevie_350z

Got the car back yesterday after the P2 and now the brakes are not right. As part of the P2 they replace the brake fluid... now when I brake the pedal has to travel some way before I get any brake action :(

I took the car back straight away and they replaced the fluid again but it isn't much better. I've driven it a few hundred to see if it gets any better but I don't think it has.

I tried emergency stops and they do still work but I've lost confidence in the brakes and that's not good :(

Can anyone tell me if this will get better, have they had this after their P2, or what the hell I should do. I will be taking the car back tomorrow if it continues :( :( :(

The system has not been bled properly, take it back straight away this could be very dangerous.

Not the first time this has been an issue with dealers.

Make it known to the dealer imediately that you will be holding them liable should anything occur resulting in an accident.

Guest prescience

I assume they are aware that there are TWO bleed nipples on each caliper and that the outer one needs to be bled first and then the inner.

Also the calipers should be bled alternatively around the car, offside rear, then nearside front, nearside rear and offside front

Particularly if they c*ck up the first bit and only bleed one nipple on a caliper, you will end up with spongy brakes - it wouldn't be the first time dealer's were not aware of this :thumbdown:

I assume they are aware that there are TWO bleed nipples on each caliper and that the outer one needs to be bled first and then the inner.

Also the calipers should be bled alternatively around the car, offside rear, then nearside front, nearside rear and offside front

Particularly if they c*ck up the first bit and only bleed one nipple on a caliper, you will end up with spongy brakes - it wouldn't be the first time dealer's were not aware of this :thumbdown:

Sponginess is exactly what I have. I have little confidence in the dealer and would like to take my business elsewhere.

What you talk about here, is this in some Nissan manual? Let me get this straight in my small brain: there are four calipers on the car, each with two nipples, and for each one the outer is done before the inner - but where did the opposite wheel thingy come from? Thanks lads!

Sponginess is exactly what I have. I have little confidence in the dealer and would like to take my business elsewhere.

What you talk about here, is this in some Nissan manual? Let me get this straight in my small brain: there are four calipers on the car, each with two nipples, and for each one the outer is done before the inner - but where did the opposite wheel thingy come from? Thanks lads!

I'm presuming this is the distribution of the brake fluid.