'Another' servicing question - please be patient!

Leeroy

My car is due for a service and I'm not sure what it needs, before I go on I should say that I read and understood Lincolnbaggies excellent post about the service schedule viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32280 :thumbs:

It's a late 2004 car with 70,000 miles on the clock.

It's been serviced on the button since new and has had 7 services in 70,000 miles. These were performed on-time and run;

1. P1

2. P2

3. P1

4. P3

5. P1

6. P2

7. P2 - This should have been a P1 according to the schedule but it was the first service under my ownership and I wanted to drop a new air filter and plugs in. It ws done by DMS last August and covered engine oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs, brake oil.

Nissan say that a P3 should be carried out after 8yrs/72,000 miles but as I understand it there isn't any difference between a P2 and a P3. As I did the plugs a year ago and haven't driven to the moon they don't need doing this time.

I can't see in the Nissan service checklist whether gearbox and diff oil is necessary at any point. The other concern I have is that I'm not sure when the coolant was changed so I'll definitely get that one done.

As my previous P2 service was effectively a Nissan P3 equivalent I think a P1 would be legit this time (plus a coolant change) - but I'm worried that future buyers might be put off if they don't see a P3 for this service.

Sorry for 'another servicing question' but I just want to see what you guys think before spending out needlessly :doh:

Personally I think a P1 and coolant change would be fine - you can show that the plugs, brake fluid, air filter etc were done last time, so I don't think any potential buyer would be put off. No point spending money on a P3 anyway, and a P2 will only replace your air filter in addition over and above a P1, and you did that last time.