Rust!!

Mears5

hey everybody,

hope your all well.

dropped my car of for a service this morning and just had a chat with the bodywork guy/sprayer whilst i was there about a bit of pealing on the bonnet, and it turns out the at the very front there is some rusting on the front lip of the bonnet. apparently it looks like something the preveouse owner has tried to cover up! :rant:

so just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem in the same spot?

as i see it my options are stripping it back to the metal to sort the rust with a respray.

getting a new bonnet or a bonnet front a wrecked zed or something

just wondered if you guys had any thoughts or if you have had the same problem?

cheers

hey everybody,

hope your all well.

dropped my car of for a service this morning and just had a chat with the bodywork guy/sprayer whilst i was there about a bit of pealing on the bonnet, and it turns out the at the very front there is some rusting on the front lip of the bonnet. apparently it looks like something the preveouse owner has tried to cover up! :rant:

so just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem in the same spot?

as i see it my options are stripping it back to the metal to sort the rust with a respray.

getting a new bonnet or a bonnet front a wrecked zed or something

just wondered if you guys had any thoughts or if you have had the same problem?

cheers

I thought the bonnet was aluminium. So not rust but certainly corrosion. Just get it stripped back to metal, filled etc. Not a big deal I wouldn't have thought. Just get some quotes from body shops. You can probably get it done around the £300 mark.

Very common for the 350z front edge of the bonnet to corrode. Does my nut as Nissan tell everyone its because of stone chips when IMO its just shoddy workmanship. Mine started with no stone chips, but by the time I got it serviced next and for them to look at it there was a chip in a completely unrelated part of the leading edge so they said it wasnt under warranty :rant: