Stainless Exhaust

Posidrive

My OEM exhaust is rotting from the cats back, so need to replace it, probably with stainless so I don't have to worry about replacing it again. Anyone got any recommendations? Ideally one that doesn't change the standard exhaust sound since I don't want to wake the neighbors when I set of for work at 5h30 each morning :) Aso needs to be acceptable to the general insurance community.

There is a load of information in the exhaust threads that give an indication of sounds etc.

From the research I did, thinking along the same lines as you, I found that the Miltek was going to be about the best in terms of quality and apparently only slightly loader than stock. The cheapest I found it for was £886 including fitting via demon tweaks (found on fleabay)

That said, after hearing a few other exhaust set ups, I am planning on sticking with with stock but upgrade Y pipe and maybe fit HFCs to improve the sound and flow.

You should be able to pick up a used OEM mid section and back box for around £100 if you wanted to go down that route. A XYZ pipe can be bought new for around £400 (from the states) or there are cheaper options from around £200 if you wanted something else. Berks HFCs are around £400 (think Abbey have an offer on) or Kinetix are slightly cheaper.

It is worth meeting up with a few members to listen to their exhausts so that you can find the best set up to meet your needs.

Picking an exhaust isnt easy. You could listen to clips on youtube, but nothing compares to hearing one in the flesh. Also, at a meet, you might think someones exhaust sounds ace, but try living with it for 2 months and see how you feel then.

The one I would probably go for is the scorpian one. That seems to be excellent value for money, and sounds nice.

Ive got the Japspeed K1 on mine, and it is a bit anti-social. Sounds ace though when your having a blast out, but maybe a bit too loud for daily use. T